God will never leave you or forsake you

SleeplessInJHB

Amen to all!

Amazing how we all feel the same - to do God's will. Its my greatest fear that this Oz-thing is my own will and way . . . and thats not what I want!

I want God's will in our lives. I want to obey Him and walk in His foot steps!

My prayer for every one is that the Blood of Christ wash through your vains. Rinse you from all worries and fear! May it bring calmness, pease and trust. Leave everything in His hands.

He is the Rock of Ages!

Liggie

Yes so true...well said Liggie...God is the rock of ages, always there, never forsakes you, thank you.

how amazing to read all these!

MSG

I've been following the statements that a number of you guys have made.

Many of you seem in a state of confusion at times.

I don't think you need to worry about confusion. It's almost an essential ingredient when you just don't know which way in Life you are supposed to be going.

Don't beat yourselves up about not knowing what to do at times. Relax.

God can really do some amazing work at that particular time in your Lives, as long as you're willing to take the leadership that is calling.

Just don't be a "Jonah"

wow...thank you Bob! I always seem to do exactly that! Does anyone else do this as well? constantly beat yourself up about not knowing what to do? I stress and worry like crazy and then eventually (I can be very slow) it hits me...stop worrying..God is in control not me, there is nothing I can do with this or about it and I start praying for strength to accept whatever may be and thats when things start falling into place! but the time from trying to do it myself to the time of actually letting go is plain torture...but repeatedly find myself taking it back from him...

'To have faith is to be sure of the things we hope 4, 2 b certain of the things we cannot see" Hebrews 11"

I pray that you all may have clarity in the things that cloud you in Jesus name Amen.

MSG

Guest natalie3
Yes so true...well said Liggie...God is the rock of ages, always there, never forsakes you, thank you.

how amazing to read all these!

MSG

thanks for that from me as well liggie..just what i needed to hear! :angry:

Your story Eileen along with others here have been so inspiring, thank you at a time when most of us need to hear some words of encouragement. I have only been in australia for 2months today and miss south africa every day...maybe not south africa but my daughter who is only 14yrs old. I have never been seperated from my children before (the other is much older) so you can only imagine the endless dying feeling inside. I have been divorded for 2yrs and finally met someone from australia and after 3 or 4 visits here I took the plunge to move. With lots of doubt and fear just like everyone else goes through, I conquered my fears, sold up and came to aussie! Unfortunately for me my daughter did not adjust and missed her dad terribly and after just 2 months I had to take her back to south africa. My ex husband has always been a wonderful dad and insisted that this was their chance to be together, I cannot explain the excruciating decision it was for me to leave her in south africa with her dad but I was happy in australia, and thought perhaps I could come here and prepare for them one day who knows! More especially was this unbelievable force that connected me to australia, and with each visit, when I left, I felt that I was leaving home and when I was back in sa I felt I no longer belonged....strange I know...but I just cannot explain it. After settling my daughter down very comfortably in sa I said the most tearful and painfull goodbyes and today has been 2 months since I left sa. Not a day has gone by without contact with my 14yr old, using all the methods of communication available! Its also good that we have a very good family support structure there, so God is taking very good care of both my girls. Unfortunately, it is me that is not doing so well....so I decided to stop trying to deal with this on my own and everu day that I speak to God and open my bible I feel closer and closer to him. Its never easy for me to hand it all to him despite what my mother tells me! But now he has got my attention and Ive given it all to God and have faith that he will as he has in the worst times of my life, walk me through this one. As much as I have a partner here and really do love the country, I know that God always gives you what your heart desires, and my heart is with my baby in south africa, every day, so I will return soon. Just wanted to share my story and say thank you to all of you for yours. God Bless.

Hi MSG,

gee I cant imagine what it must of felt like to send your daughter back home to SA. You must of missed her terribly and this is the time that a young girl needs her mommy the most.When are you coming back to be with your daughter/s? I am sure something good will be worked out and maybe God willing ,your daughter may decide on her own accord to go back to Australia one day.

Praying for your family at this moment and know God will work something out for you all...maybe not now but sometime.

Eileen

• 2 weeks later...
Sonja,

I'd be very sceptical in listening to all who open the Bible. You can take so much from Scripture and frame it whatever way you'd like to put it.

I was interested to note that the minister came from Nigeria, a country which achieved its independence from Britain in 1960, and has large oil fields there. There aren't too many Whites living there, most of the old British administration would have left years ago. The place is absolutely riddled with nepotism, corruption and crime syndicates. This in spite of its inflow of U.S. dollars from the enormous oil fields.

Your minister is probably impressed with South Africa, that the roads don't have gaping holes in them, that things like telephones still operate, and the place still functions even though it has no oil.

He's put two and two together and found the common denominator with what makes things tick like clockwork in Africa. Too bad others there aren't as cluey!

The White man did bring his Faith to Africa. Dr Livingstone left Scotland to trek into the interior of Africa where he witnessed Arab slavers still carrying on their filthy business and treating the natives with so much cruelty (makes me wonder what Black Americans see in Islam??). He died, after years spent there with only having converted one soul. Today, there is a harvest field as far as the eye can see of new Christians springing up in the middle of Africa. The Afrikaner brought his Faith too to the south of Africa, the Germans to South West Africa where Lutheranism is the main denomination in Namibia today.

One of the reasons I've been reading the posts of South Africans wishing to come to Australia is the hope that this country can attract people of Faith, like yourself.

Australia may have lots of resources, plenty of sunshine and space, but it was founded as a penal colony. The slops of Britain were dumped here for the first 60 or 70 years, and Australians still need to hear the Message that God loves them.

Australians are not like the British any more. The British have largely closed themselves off to the Word of God. I hear that it's embarrasing to talk about spiritual things in English social circles, yet Australians are still remarkably open to talking about God.

Among other things, Australia needs migrants to this country that have a living Faith and who can identify with them, get alongside them in the workplace and at barbies and share their experience in knowing God, what He's done in their lives and their lives of their families.

Just think about it. Maybe your Work is not so much living the Good Life in the sunshine, but getting on with knowing Australians and quietly talking to them about what you believe.

At least pray about that point.