Visas Granted in Oct/Nov

Sassyninja

A forum to keep track of everyone we've come this far with...

*Touch wood* I will join you guys in the celebrations soon!

• Like 4

Good stuff....Hopefully I will be able to post in this section soon?

Good stuff....Hopefully I will be able to post in this section soon?

• Like 1

Visa granted TODAY!!!!!! WooHoo!

hopefully be touching down in Auz by March 2016!!!

Wishing you guys all the very best - and don't give up!!! :-)

God is great!

• Like 10

Congratulations Ninij all the best with the rest of the journey

• Like 1

So to all those that have Visas. Now what. I feel that the whole stressful push was to get the visa, and didn't really think to what happens afterwards. we starting to put a plan together, but will have to decide on a date that best suits us, our current work load and our children. when we know the date, would just have to plan back from there.

good luck to all those with Visas and those still waiting.

• Like 5

Orinoco - I hear you!!! Now what??? hahaha now the emotional roller coaster has begun!

Selling up all your possessions, trying to figure out timelines and organise move cubes and look at where to settle etc etc etc eish! And I thought the hard part was the visa app process! hahahahaha :-)

When are you all looking at going over?

We are looking at the middle of next year if we have enough money saved....

If not then we will have to go over for an activation trip and save some more.

It is difficult to establish just how much would be enough and if we will ever have enough, if that makes sense.

• Like 1

We are looking at Jan.....but we are also lucky in the sense that our flights will be very cheap (I fortunately have a sibling at emirates?) and we sold our house at a tidy profit....Hopefully this gives us a good start..

• Like 3

Hi Peanuts,

We are looking at mid-May to North Gold Coast. We have budgeted on $6000 per month for the 4 of us, hopefully with the sale of the house etc., we should have enough to get us by for just under a year just in case, however from what I understand we should be able to get jobs within 3 months. We have calculated that we could potentially live off 1 salary.

It is difficult as you won't really know till you are there and get into the swing of things!!! Good luck with the planning!!

:ilikeit:

• Like 4

I have now resorted to disconnecting my phone wifi/data so I may sleep at night! Instead of checking for emails every 5 min?

We also have jobs sorted....school has been decided on etc and we therefore have already decided where to live....Our dogs are ready to fly out.....House and household contents sold....Therefore we will know exactly what to do after visa grant......Just bring on the visa!!!

• Like 1

I have now resorted to disconnecting my phone wifi/data so I may sleep at night! Instead of checking for emails every 5 min

We also have jobs sorted....school has been decided on etc and we therefore have already decided where to live....Our dogs are ready to fly out.....House and household contents sold....Therefore we will know exactly what to do after visa grant......Just bring on the visa!!!

Did you know your CO was assigned because you applied yourself or did an agent handling your account tell you?

Got my grant 2 August as well and have submitted everything in August except PCC which we had to wait to til mid September for but haven't heard a peep.

We are unfortunate waiting for our grant, but like GranvilleMay15 we have a job lined up already.

We are hoping to be able to leave end of Dec 15. We have a lot to do like sell appliance (not worth taking over apparently), cancel all contracts (cellphone, Telkom, ADT) and then find a company to ship everything else left. I'm not working so it's easy for me to sort out everything.

Also the latest we can leave is end Jan for am pregnant and still need to find a doctor there.

We are planing on going to Brisbane and living off one salary for about 6 months. We have also saved up money so hopefully it can get us to the point where I go back to work.

Anyone else going to Brisbane?

• Like 1

What sector do you work in that you already have a job lined up?

Also looking to go to Brisbane :ilikeit: