VISAS LODGED April/May 2017

Karools

I watched the days slowly go by, seemed like June wldn't end, but here we are....:).

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Samie said:

I watched the days slowly go by, seemed like June wldn't end, but here we are....:).

Lets hope there will be some movements starting next week. Its been a very stressful month with little to no action. Crossing my fingers Image result for emoji crossed fingers

• Like 5

We have tickets to Australia booked for 19 July so we really need to hear some good news ASAP. It's a holiday that was also planned as an activation trip but the whole trip now depends on getting the visas. Luckily our case is currently under assessment so we don't still have to wait to be assigned to a case officer.

• Like 1

Almost too scared to get my hopes up...But Will be logging in first thing to check! :blink:

@Hunts, hoping it comes through for you soon- really cutting it close now!

• Like 2

This is a terrible space to be in, everything is just hanging, waiting for a stamp. Looking at the march group, I don't like what I am seeing there, still plenty of visas pending. I so badly want to be on a plane end of august!

Hopefully they start to come through in big batches from tomorrow. 

Good luck all!

• Like 2

I expected to wake up this morning and for there to be lots of visas already granted on Myimmitracker but there have been none so far and it's already the mid-afternoon on the East coast of Australia.

Quite disappointing, I checked the 190 tracker too, no change either...:unsure:

I read somewhere that the DIBP have a 5 day break after the season ends.. I don't think we should expect any movement before next week. 

• Like 1

When my visa was issued last year it was on 04 July 2016................................so hey, you guys can expect your grants very soon.

• Like 1

Just now, TakeItOnTheChin said:

When my visa was issued last year it was on 04 July 2016................................so hey, you guys can expect your grants very soon.

I see on Myimmitracker that last year on Friday 1 July there were only 7 189 visas granted but on Monday 4 July the number shot up to 35. Maybe it will be similar this year.

• Like 2

Stillllll waittttting. Nothing has changed the past week. CO allocations took 7-14days in the beginning of the year and now suddenly it takes 5-7 weeks. Also noted the invitations send out in March were 5154 and for april, may and June 1400 average. Not to sure what is the hold up? Lastest person granted, lodged on the 15 April... really difficult to predict anything with these numbers. Some one said that you will get a direct grant if no CO contacts you, but it seems everyone has received communication from a CO before getting the grant?

Edited by Exxaro

The "hold up" is that they reached quota on many occupations and have had to wait for July to roll over.  The department usually takes the first week of July to take a breath and then they are back onto it during the second week.  I doubt anything will happen this week.  MAYBE Friday/Saturday morning RSA time but things only really move from next week. Vasbyt...

• Like 3

Going back only a few years it wasn't unusual to wait more than 12 months for a case officer

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RYLC said:

The "hold up" is that they reached quota on many occupations and have had to wait for July to roll over.  The department usually takes the first week of July to take a breath and then they are back onto it during the second week.  I doubt anything will happen this week.  MAYBE Friday/Saturday morning RSA time but things only really move from next week. Vasbyt...

Ek dink jy is reg. Sal maar staal tande moet kry met die vasbyt. Sterkte julle

Immiaccount maintenance vanaf 5 Julie 5am - 8am en 8 julie 2pm- 5pm. AEST (GMT +10)

Edited by Exxaro

5 hours ago, Exxaro said:

Immiaccount maintenance vanaf 5 Julie 5am - 8am en 8 julie 2pm- 5pm. AEST (GMT +10)

Argh... Thanks @Exxaro... Guess it will start moving again next week:unsure:

On 03/07/2017 at 2:53 PM, RYLC said:

The "hold up" is that they reached quota on many occupations and have had to wait for July to roll over.

So what about the occupation classes that have received very little interest. I applied in the 342314 Electronic Instrument Trades Worker (General) and looking at the occupational ceilings, the 3423 group had only about 65 of a potential 1993 invitations issued.

Does all the applications then get put on hold?

There is a lot of info regarding visa grants that don't add up, so here is what I have surmised about the situation, listening to what others have said.

The mentioned ceilings are apparently only for invites, so if you are already invited it should no longer be a factor (though in practice, I'm not so sure about that.)

There also seems to be a ceiling for each of the visa types, regardless of occupation. So even if your occupation still has a lot of available slots, the general ceiling for your visa type (189,190 etc) might mean you have to wait for the next immigration year.

It also seems they try to spread the visa grants so that they give the last available visa on the last day of the immigration year.

There is also uncertainty in the immigration offices regarding job-cuts, so this might mean some distractions that will increase waiting time further, as well as an increased workload on the CO's.

I really want my visa now, but this week has shown me again that God has a different timing to myself. We have many things that still need to be done, and my wife noted that God will arrange things in such a way that all his children are catered for, not just us (context for this is stuff like selling our house for OUR future vs. a buyer that needs a new home for THEIR future, finding a new, good job for our domestic, a new owner for our possessions, like my very sentimental book collection etc). 

If we give this process to the Lord, he will ensure we receive our visas at an appropriate time in His eyes.

"Happy" waiting everyone, use this time to do as many constructive things as possible.

(I am reminded of a saying our pastor loved to use regarding praying for things: "Give me patience Lord, and give it to me NOW!" Not quite the idea I think...)

• Like 7

Just saw an approval on myimmitracker of a 190 visa that was approved today, lodged 5th Feb 2017...

This waiting is torture...

About those 'flood gates' that were supposed to open on 1 July.......

This year the DIBP/government have made a significant amount of changes to a variety of visas.  It is possible that the teams are currently undertaking training and checking that the decisions remain the same. 

• Like 1

Thanks @TeeTMI, I think at this stage we all just need some reassurance that the issuing of visas will be picking up again...

@JaxBaker83, I saw that too, the person actually lodged in February 2016! Hoping ours won't take that long ??

We lodged our 190 visa application in December 2016, and we're still waiting, due to change of circumstances i.e. adding our newborn to our application, so hang in there guys... 

Wow @Chezzy, since December! Now i feel better, because our neighbors also on a 190 took 7 days for CO and 11 days to be granted. They submit in April and done with everything in April. Also this immitracker thing is a really small sample of the total invites so many of these people usually takes a few days and others never update their profiles?