457 Applicants

Hi there

For all the 457 applicants, has anyone seen movement since 1st July?

I see that the GSM's are starting to be granted and are keeping a thread going on that, could I please ask the 457's to do the same, I don't think I can bear to do a " check the process of your application" today and see that nothing has happened since June 19th, I know my hold up is meds, HSA has had them for 2 weeks tomorrow and still not put them on the departments site :ilikeit:

Please everyone, let me know what is happening with your 457, we can " wait impatiently" together.

Andrea L

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FIrabbit

• Olkabolka

• somarie

• Johnny & Rene

I am so frustrated....they received our meds, 27 June...no further progress, have asked agent to find out whats going on, he says he just keeps on getting voicemail when he phones, and has cc'd me all the emails he has been sending to the co...no response at all...wierd hey..I think they are having a party or something...we are so irratated with the whole thing, am watching the price of airtickets with a beady eye..I WANT TO BOOK NOW!!

mY CO name is Daniel Borg..does anyone have the same guy?? I wish I could go there and shake him...

I spend my day either looking at emails or the enquiry site....grr!!!

We actually were naive enough to think it would have been issued by now..

Will keep you guys posted though!!!!

where can you check online on the status of application & meds?

We are also working through an agent there appointed by the employer.

Regards,

MBS

If the 457 had been lodged already ask the agent to give you the TRN ( transaction reference number) and then go to this page Check progress of an online application

where can you check online on the status of application & meds?

We are also working through an agent there appointed by the employer.

Regards,

MBS

Ask you agent for your TRN and then you can check here (for online applications)

DIAC

Oops - sorry for duplicate

Edited by TheBs

Anyone else out there with a 457 application that has heard anything from their co or seen any movement on the check your application page?

Pretty please?

Hi!

How long does a e457 take or at least how long does it take to get a CO?

Pieter

Anyones guess, some people have submitted all the docs and had it granted in 2 days, some people can wait 12 weeks.

We are currently on one month but that is because our meds have not been cleared.

Supposedly the new centres of excellence for processing will expedite the process, we shall see.

ours has been 18 days so far, who knows why...all docs received, when queried with co he has advised that he will discuss it further 'later' this week...well I think the week ends tomorrow so we might be lucky...or it might be declined?

starting to get neurotic now...

going to wake up at two am again in the morning to check emails.....so patheric cause after that I cant sleep for looking every five minutes, then when its time to go to work i cant wake up....

hope we all get good news tomorrow...i spend the day yawning at work.

Hello again.

Has anyone, anywhere on this forum had a 457 grant since the 1st of July and the opening of the new centres for excellence?

I think I can speak for Lyall too when I say that the waiting is soul destroying, I do not know how the people who have to wait for Skilled Independent visa's do it, you must be blessed with patience or stronger than I.

Is the whole point of going the 457 route not to get a quick visa?

Day 36 now and still counting!

Have all the Co's gone to a conference or something?

Just airing my frustration........again :unsure:

Good luck San, I hope you get a speedy grant.

I have phoned HSA again about our medicals, they have been there for 3 weeks now and haven't been cleared and all they will say is that it will take two weeks- that would make 5 weeks in total!

I mailed our agent today and he says he will advise the case officer that our meds are still with HSA, I am secretly hoping the case officer might contact HSA and ask for the meds to be finalised.

The norm for meds to be processed at Perth HSA is 7-10 days, so this is all a bit too much.

Hello again.

Has anyone, anywhere on this forum had a 457 grant since the 1st of July and the opening of the new centres for excellence?

I think I can speak for Lyall too when I say that the waiting is soul destroying, I do not know how the people who have to wait for Skilled Independent visa's do it, you must be blessed with patience or stronger than I.

Is the whole point of going the 457 route not to get a quick visa?

Day 36 now and still counting!

Have all the Co's gone to a conference or something?

Just airing my frustration........again :lol:

Hi

Our e457 visa was granted yesterday. YEAH!!! I also thought my CO went on holliday.

I sent a general enquiry from the immi website because my CO did not respond to my e-mails. The next day it was granted.

It seems they are still alive on that side, so just wait a little longer.

Good Luck

Leonie

We received ours pretty quick, 3 days after hubby sent IELTS results, we got our grant letter the last week in june

Congrats Leonie.

Thanks.

When I got the confirmation e-mail I was not sure whether to cry or laugh. All the tension and nerves made me go on auto pilot, I think it will sink in over the weekend. The last time I felt like this was after a big exam and afterwards you just don’t feel or think straight for a while.

Don’t stress your good news will come.

Leonie

ours has been 18 days so far, who knows why...all docs received, when queried with co he has advised that he will discuss it further 'later' this week...well I think the week ends tomorrow so we might be lucky...or it might be declined?

starting to get neurotic now...

going to wake up at two am again in the morning to check emails.....so patheric cause after that I cant sleep for looking every five minutes, then when its time to go to work i cant wake up....

hope we all get good news tomorrow...i spend the day yawning at work.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one permanently glued to the chair in front of my computer!!! Can't wait to have my life back!

I am so frustrated....they received our meds, 27 June...no further progress, have asked agent to find out whats going on, he says he just keeps on getting voicemail when he phones, and has cc'd me all the emails he has been sending to the co...no response at all...wierd hey..I think they are having a party or something...we are so irratated with the whole thing, am watching the price of airtickets with a beady eye..I WANT TO BOOK NOW!!

mY CO name is Daniel Borg..does anyone have the same guy?? I wish I could go there and shake him...

I spend my day either looking at emails or the enquiry site....grr!!!

We actually were naive enough to think it would have been issued by now..

Will keep you guys posted though!!!!

Hi There

We submitted our medicals at the beginning of February 2008 they were only finalised mid May 2008. You can send them an e-mail to lcu@immi.gov.au

You must include your case number and all the applicants passport numbers and full names of each person, they responded to my query within 5 days.

Good Luck i hope this helps you!

hoping for some good news now, phoned australia employment agency today, they only submitted one of the docs today, the gm of the sponsoring company has been away and only just got back. it would have been nice to know though...anyway, that was about late afternoon so i suppose too late for today so now will wait til monday..sounds like a favourite sone of mine..all i am ever saying is wait til monday...the comapny then said would like us there before end of month...my reply was...do you know how expensive air tickets are at such short notice...so they changd their mind to start work the first week of august..wierd hey..we havent got the visa yet cause of their delays, not DIAC, now they want a mirale...ive been wanting one for weeks!!!

so another week end to be got through

Edited by lyall

Gee, I hope something happens soon. We've been advised that if u have all docs in place should take 48 hours to go through. I hope you get it very soon, as u say the flights are few & far between & expensive at short notice.

Our 457 application went through on Thurs afternoon so it's going to be a long weekend & early next week and that's IF all goes as planned. anyway, let us know as soon as it's through.

Congrats to all of the new 457 visa holders, the terror, excitement and planning starts now!

Lyall, I weep for you, it has just been one thing after another!

Don't swing for me when I say that you will look back and laugh-albeit through gritted teeth- one day.

I contacted our agent and got the following-

Thank you for the update. I will notify your case officer that the HSA in Perth are still to clear your medical examination results. The Department will not make a decision on your visa application until your results have been taken into consideration.

As these results are available on the Departmental website once cleared by HSA, I expect that your visa application will be finalised shortly after HSA has cleared the health results and updated the website accordingly.

Unfortunately this is all that we can do to speed up the process. Your case officer cannot finalise your visa application until he can see that your health examination reports have been cleared by HSA

:thumbdown::whome::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Well we've just received the GOOD NEWS - our 457 visa is approved. Now just to sell our house and Melbourne we on our way. Hoping to be there by October. Hope all the other Visa applications get approved soon !!!

;):(

We also got our 457 approval yesterday. We lodged on 18 June, Xrays on 30 June & Medicals on 3 July, approved 11 July. Looks like there is some movement that side. I am not too sure if there are sponsoring companies who have "preference" with DIAC?

Cheers

Alan

Jax and Jens, Congratulations, you must be thrilled!

I hope you get your house sold quickly, in a way I feel sort of lucky that we didn't have any worries like that to deal with, we just packed the suitcases and left!

Good luck

Bluegill

Your meds got processed so quickly, you lucky thing, probably not Perth HSA!

Our meds have been sitting there for 23 days and still not processed!

I think it will be our turn next week, it is hubby's birthday on the 18th and that would make a great present.

Yes, good sponsors are supposed to get through quickly, but I still feel it is a lucky dip!

I hope both of you have a smooth and stress free time until you board the plane and get here, congrats again.

Next week it will be Lyall and my turn, the red wine will be flowing.

At least I can be happy that I am in Australia already, although I have now discovered that an Interstate move requires just as much planning as an International one.

Can you believe my hubby has to get a new Electrical license to work in Queensland and I think there is a few things needed to get the car rego there.

One of the oddest things about Australia is how each state seems to have its own rules.

All the best to both of you.

Andrea L