Eventually

alicia

:) Hi all

Jip, Frank and myself made our decision to go to Australia. Well, done.... we've just pat ourselves on our shoulders... hehehe

Anyway, we are new here and very exited! We went to see an immigration agent the other day and couldn't believe how much it's going to cost to become PR's. After thinking hard about it, we decided to make use of them seeing neither of us have the time to do it our selves.

Monday morning, first things first - we are going to give him the go ahead.

Whom, of you did the same thing like us? PR first then looking for a job in Ausies. Our skill Assessment went very well as Frank is a Lift Techinician by trade, so we got the points we needed. He runs a very successful business here in Kempton Park specializing in Machine Tools Electrical and building of control panels.

Do you think he will strugle in finding a job, especially in Perth? What type of salary can he expect? Whether a Lift Techinician or an Electrician.

Myself is a Real Estate Agent. I know I have to do an Australia Real Estate Exam but don't know where I must obtain any information regarding it. What is an Estate Agents commission there and what commission split do they earn. Here it is 8.55% including VAT to Estate Agency and a 50% to a 70% Commission Split to the Agent.

We looking forward in making a whole lot of new friend here.

Tata Frank and Alicia

:magic: Welcome Alicia! (and Frank)

Hope you have a very informative stay here at the forum. There are lots of us waiting till we have PR (175 visa) before going over and start applying for work.

If you have a look at the www.mycareer.com.au or www.seek.com.au websites you will get an idea of the availability of work as well as the salaries offered.

;) Maria

Hi there,

We did the agent thing even though we would have found the time to apply. The reason being is they have the inside knowledge of done it plenty of times before. And we felt that this was an expensive and an important process that didn't need messing up.

As far as jobs concerned in Perth - there's a large amount of miningin the area that could use electrical/electronic experience. As for estate agent I don't know most of the call for workers seems to be in the area of trades.

Good luck with the application process, it's a long one that teaches a lot of patiance, and at times is fustrating and worrying. But at the end of the day judging by the feedback from those already there it is worth it. Do yourself a favour and read the settling in section as it gves you a good idea as to what to expect Oz side. Then hit the application section to get an idea of the process, because it's good to know eventhough you have an agent.

Regards

K&B

We are also going through an agent, just easier to get some-one with past experience that has done many of these. We are only a few weeks into this ourselves, and the next big milestone or I should say the first big milestone for us, is the skills assessment. Will be submitting this coming week as we have all the documentation, just doing the certifications on Mon/Tues and then submitting, so feeling very excited and very nervous.

One thing, if you need to do IELTS test, book it now, because the waiting period for this is several months!!

Hello Alicia, and welcome! :D

We opted for a migration agency too. I figured the move would cost a lot anyway, when you factor in the visa, tests, container, tickets, loss of investments, and everything else. In the scheme of things, the money I'm paying the migration agency is a veritable "drop in the ocean". Although, I suppose "every little bit counts" is the counter to my approach.

I don't know what your agent has promised you, but I would caution that they don't all save you that much time. I know of someone whose agency took the responsibility to collect all the required documents on their behalf (police clearance, birth certificates, the lot), but mine does not do that. It is still my responsibility to go to Home Affairs, gather everything together, and complete the forms. What the agency does do is check everything for me, send me the forms to complete, and answer any questions I have. You can get all of the answers here anyway, but I felt comfortable using an agency and have not regretted it for a moment.

I wish you all the best with your new adventure and look forward to following your progress! :ilikeit:

Mark

Hi Maraai

Thank you so much. Those sites you provided us with is realy helping us more than you will ever know.

HI K & B

Jip, totaly agree with your vision of using an Agent. "The reason being is they have the inside knowledge of done it plenty of times before. And we felt that this was an expensive and an important process that didn't need messing up." Thanks for your input.

HI Boogle

Gee, can you believe the waiting period for IETLS test is nou only in Jul'08. Thanks for that Advise - best we book a.s.a.p. We are Afrikaans and very, very, very nervous!!! Hopefully we will pass it. Some recomend that we purchase the whole package before we write the test. I think that will be a very good idea. Maybe I must ask around here if someone is keen in selling theirs.

Hi - Tobold - Mark

I like your attitude regarding a Migration Agent. It's exactly what you said "the money I'm paying the migration agency is a veritable "drop in the ocean". "What the agency does do is check everything for me, send me the forms to complete, and answer any questions I have. You can get all of the answers here anyway, but I felt comfortable using an agency and have not regretted it for a moment."

Thanks Mark will keep you all posted.

Once Again thanks you for being so friendly and helpfull.

God Bless Frank and Alicia

Hi Frank and Alicia

Welcome to the forum. I wish you all the best in your application process. Don't forget to apply for your unabridged birth certificates.

Good luck.

RoMar

Hi all

Thank you so much for your support.

Guess what? We appointed our Immi Agent today!!! I'm so Exited!!!!

We have also booked our EILTS today. It's just a pitty they only have space available on Saturday 28 June 2008, but not to worry, it will give us enough time to prepare.

Tata ek en Frank

Edited by alicia

That's the spirit, alicia! :D

I booked for the IELTS test in January, and was hoping for an earlier date (I got April). You have the right attitude there, because the process takes so long, another month or two for the test is more time to save money, sort things out, and enjoy the company of friends and family. You are right to be patient. There is enough stress in this process, without adding unnecessary urgency to it. That's easy for me to say, but not easy for me to do! I want that visa already! ;)

It's progress, and one step closer to the goal. We will get there! :oops:

Mark