New to Site

Dugong

Hi All,

Just joined the site so seems like a logical place to start!! My wife, daughter and I have just started the process to migrate to Australia.

Not to far, engaged registered agent, booked and paid for IELTS (can't believe the waiting period for this), and busy getting skills assessment goody pack ready for shipping!! - will take some time to get completed, but hoping to do so in the next week or 2.

Seems like a lot of usefull stuff on the site and I am sure that like all newbies, I will anoy you all with hundreds of questions :whome:

Generally if you look around the site most of your question have aready been answered. You are in for the big haul, and your life back home including your out look will change. There appears to be a light at the end of the tunnel. GOOD LUCK WITH THE APPLICATION

There is always light at the end of the tunnel... people on this forum are great... spend some time reading through all the recent posts and you will pick up very valuable information....

Wishing you all the best!

Hey there,

And welcome to the site.

We're only 8-days older than you on the forum, but I already feel as if I am about 8-months-worth more informed from checking everything out.

All of the best!

Cheers,

TereMel

I know what you mean. When my wife and I were making this decission, we were the only one of our group and family looking to go over - and it wasn't easy because everyone seems to be in denial about where things are going, and gets really angry about the choices that you are making!!

Not sure if its fear of the unknown that drives them, or what, but had some really hard discussions with people about "leaving the ship" and all that...

Now, loads of our friends are on their way to various countries (we almost went to Europe last year as we have passports, but changed our minds to Aus, because of all the similarities, weather etc etc) A friend of mine at work has just submitted all his papers Nov last year (everything done) and now has the wait!!

Its really exciting - and then i found THIS PLACE!!! Can't believe how many new people joining everyday!! its amazing and all of us in the same boat in different stages!! Absolutely incredible!!! So glad I found this place!!

Hello, and welcome! :ilikeit:

It is great to have so many people in the various stages. I especially enjoy seeing people more or less in the same stage as myself. It's reassuring to know that there are others in very much the same boat, and it's good to be able to compare progress.

Before long, you'll notice that you're actually a bit ahead of some people. Then, one day, you'll be posting here that your visa has been approved!

All the best with your application,

Mark

Welcome to the Forum!

It's a great place to come to for support and advice, and sometimes it's just nice to know that you're not alone in this moving process, that others are also experiencing similar emotions and they understand what you're going through.

Best of luck with your application!

Welcome Boogle

We are also in the very early stages with a long way to go. The forum is great and it is nice to know that there are others going through the same roller coaster ride.

Regards

Brisbound

we were the only one of our group and family looking to go over -

We have the same "problem". The problem is, nobody gets excited with you as you progress with your application. Especially your family tend to ignore your excitement - I guess its part of the separation process.

Welcome Boogle

Strap in for the roller coaster is going to take you by storm but wow what a feeling!! For those that have their visa's can vouch for that I cannot wait (holding thumbs)

Nicki