Barnone

Question

Hi

the only person I have noticed using a customised avatar is Lmari ...

I have tried to link to a gallery but it doesn't seem to work...help please anyone

thanks

(_0) aka Barnone

8 answers to this question

:ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit::):P

Hi

the only person I have noticed using a customised avatar is Lmari ...

I have tried to link to a gallery but it doesn't seem to work...help please anyone

thanks

(_0) aka Barnone

Hi

I am using the following free program to upload avatar

http://i79.photobucket.com

I use it in all my bloggs and websites. I also have one to upload music aswell.

Enjoy!!

Edited by Lmari

....en EK weet nie eers wat IS 'n avatar nie.... :ilikeit:

....en EK weet nie eers wat IS 'n avatar nie.... :ilikeit:

Toemaar Riekie, jy is nie die enigste een nie. Ek het nie 'n idee wat dit is nie!

Pippa

Thanks Jacobus - nou weet ek ook iets! :ilikeit: Tegnologie is darem fantasties!! (Nou moet ek nog net uitvind hoe WERK dit...... :ilikeit: )

Avatars are a feature of the forum that we have opted not to use. It is basically a little picture, cartoon, even a photograph that you "associate" with your account on the forum. If enabled it would display in the left-hand margin with your name, like so (taken from another forum) :

post-1-1151424622.gif

Avatars are very popular in online communities, where people want to hide their true identity - one can almost think of it as a mask behind which you can hide. On the immigration forums we typically know each other, and avatars were considered to be something that will detract from the true content (the posted messages) of the forum.

It is of course something that can be changed, and should the host team decide it's a fun thing to have, we may yet activate it here. But for the time being we would appreciate that you remove any animated signatures, and keep to the actual posts and help folks by not using flashy messages that just distract one's attention. No offense meant or taken, just the way we have operated these immigration forums since we started in 2002. :)

:ilikeit: Hendie

Thank you!