We've only just begun...

Simmi

:D hi everyone. my name is simmi. i'm from cape town originally but moved to jozi a few years ago... for love and money. My little family is planning (hubby, son and me) to move to Melbourne on a skilled regional sponsored visa (did i get that right?). we've just started the process - about to do the skills assessment. can anyone tell me more about that? is it a test, a form of hoe? i find the site extremely helpful and will defn use it as the process gains momentum. scary yet exciting. till later...

hi simmi, laat ek die 1ste ene wees wat reply op jou post.....

geluk met julle keuse, julle maak nie 'n fout nie hoor!

ons gaan ook oor op 'n regional sponsored visa, maar QLD toe. ons vertrek in 7 dae. wat die skills assessment betref, dit hang af in watter professie julle is. usually the person being sponsored has to do the assessment, not both as the primary applicant sponsors, in this case, his/her husband/wife.

i had to do an assessment for my IT profession through the Aus comp society before i was sponsored and had to assess myself again for my other profession through VETASSES - which took about a month.

hope this helps

:ilikeit: hi everyone. my name is simmi. i'm from cape town originally but moved to jozi a few years ago... for love and money. My little family is planning (hubby, son and me) to move to Melbourne on a skilled regional sponsored visa (did i get that right?). we've just started the process - about to do the skills assessment. can anyone tell me more about that? is it a test, a form of hoe? i find the site extremely helpful and will defn use it as the process gains momentum. scary yet exciting. till later...

hi werns75,dankie vir die boodskap. you're a lucky man to be the 1st to reply - they were queuing! congrats on your impending move - all the best - may it all go well, smoothly and safely.

re the assessment, what I really want to know is how does the assessment process happen? do they send one an evaluation type form/ test? I really can't imagine what it will be like. i'm qualified in law, but work as a project manager at a human rights NGO. have to use vetassess as well.

alles vannie beste vir julle

Hi Simmi

Welcome to the forum. Re the assessment, you would have to find out who your assessing body will be - sorry, but I'm not sure what body does law. Perhaps someone else on the forum would be able to help you out there.

Once you have managed to establish who that body is, you would probably be able to download the relevant forms from their website. If I'm wrong in this respect, other forumites, please correct me, but that's how we did it. My hubby went through TRA (plumber) - downloaded the form, filled everything in and agent sent it off for assessment.

In the meanwhile, start getting all your paperwork in order - unabridged certificates, all qualification papers, passports and the like.

Really hope this helps you out. You're bound to get many, many helpful responses from the other forumites.

All the best.

RoMar

Edited by RoMar

Hi Simmi

Welcome to the forum. Re the assessment, you would have to find out who your assessing body will be - sorry, but I'm not sure what body does law. Perhaps someone else on the forum would be able to help you out there.

Once you have managed to establish who that body is, you would probably be able to download the relevant forms from their website. If I'm wrong in this respect, other forumites, please correct me, but that's how we did it. My hubby went through TRA (plumber) - downloaded the form, filled everything in and agent sent it off for assessment.

In the meanwhile, start getting all your paperwork in order - unabridged certificates, all qualification papers, passports and the like.

Really hope this helps you out. You're bound to get many, many helpful responses from the other forumites.

All the best.

RoMar

hey hey RoMar

thanks for the welcome!! great to be here. ;)

I know that I should use vetassess, just wanna know whether they assess only qualifications or what exactly a 'skills' assessment entails. but as you advised, i will download the forms and go from there.

why did you decide to move to Australia?

Hi and welcome you have come to the right place to get the right advise!! and when u feeling down they will pick u up :blink: and when u feeling happy they will congratulate and celebrate

Anways

you need to get all family members who are immigrating unabridged birth and marriage certificate..can go to the Home affairs website and download docs from there and take them with your original birth cert and marriage cert to nearest home affairs costs about R50 each

form BI-130 MARRIAGE and form B1-154 BIRTH

Then u need to apply for husbands discharge papers from national service (if he did) send a email to sandfdoc@mweb.co.za ask them for a letter stating hubbie did his national service and you require letter of discharge stating all his obligations towards Defence force have been fulled, must included his full names, contact email, ID no, force no, where, time etc

Find out your Assessor body and then you will need to follow the necessary steps with that.

I know it seems daunting but we have all been at the "beginning" and its cuc, but believe u me u become a fondi velly quickly just ask questions!!!

All the best

:o Col