Automotive Industry - Adelaide

Just B

I'm interested in networking with individuals who work in the automotive industry, OEM or supplier chain in the greater Adelaide area. I'm in South Africa at the moment, working as a Quality Assurance Systems Manager for a comany involved in the manufacture of airbags and upholstery. I intend being in Adelaide towards the middle of the year, and closer to that time will make contact with most of the major players that I,m aware of.

But I am interested in hearing from poeple in the industry.

Regards

K&B

As far as I know it is only Toyota that are in the Adelaide area.

As far as I know it is only Toyota that are in the Adelaide area.

Hi there

Isn't Holden based in Elizabeth (Adelaide)?

Red

Mitsubishi have two plants south of Adelaide and General Motors - Holden one plant north of Adelaide.

Adelaide does make components for lots of different vehicles.

Harley Davidson contract out parts for their bikes to a company here.

Mitsubishi have two plants south of Adelaide and General Motors - Holden one plant north of Adelaide.

Adelaide does make components for lots of different vehicles.

Harley Davidson contract out parts for their bikes to a company here.

In Melbourne you have Toyota (Altona) and Holden (Fishermans Bend)

As well as Ford in Melbourne and Geelong.

thanks for all the info - Adelaide is definately my city of choice, I was hoping that a forum member worked for one of the motor comanpies or suplliers and that I could start networking as I will be coming out on a PR visa and need to open doors before I land so that ball starts rolling the minute I'm there.

Iwasn't aware that Misubishi was still operating, I had hread that they went through a very bad patch.

thanks for the posts

K&B

Hey KB !

At last, someone with my line of work ! :ilikeit: See my PM, we can talk, I work as a Quality Manager in a local plant of a international tier 1 supplier to a large major OEM here.

In Adelaide we have Mitsubishi ( very low production 80-100 per day ) and Holden ( major OEM in Australia, part of the General Motors group ). In Melbourne they have Ford and Toyota.