My turn

OzMania

Hello everyone

I have to confess! I’ve registered on this forum quite a while ago but could not get myself to post a formal introduction. When you submit your first post, the reality of relocating kicks in and it becomes more “real”! Now I lost all fear and we’re ready to take the plunge! The decision is FINAL!

We’re 30 somethingers (hubby and I) and both in IT. We’ve done really well for ourselves here in SA, but are willing to give it all up for a better quality of life!

My father was brutally murdered a year ago and 2007 must have been the worst time of our lives. Except for the family, there’s NOTHING else that will keep us here.

Thanx to everyone for the great posts and all the valuable information!

Our journey begins!!!!

Welcome. So sorry to hear about your dad. :whome: Leaving the family behind is really the worst part of making the decision.

The process is long and frustrating but you have made the first step to a new and better life. B) Well done. Now proceed to step 2..................................................

Hi there,

Sorry about your tragedy. But welcome to your new family. May you find many hours of joy and laughter with us.

May your process be smooth sailing to a new life in Oz.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your dad.

Welcome to the forum it is a world of information!

Nats

Ag sorry to hear about your dad!

I still like to put flowers on my parents' grave (my dad died 7 years ago and mom 2 years ago), and think that is something I will miss terribly once we've emigrated.

Ai, I don't think we realise how much we will miss our families once we are in Australia. But it is our decision, so we have to live with it!

Anyway - enjoy the whole application process - it actually is FUN!

Hi and welcome.

So terribly sorry to hear about your father (at this time, I guess words are so empty), but ((BIG HUGS)) to you and your family.

Good luck in your whole process... we are all here if you have any queries, problems, or just want some support! B)

Hi there and welcome

I am sure you will find all the answers you are looking for and I am sure that your dad would be supportive of your decision.

Being in IT you will have no problem finding jobs and if you are keen to get out quickly perhaps you could look at getting a company to sponsor you.

My husband got a job and had to be in Aus in 1 month, we got our 457 6 days after they received our medicals we were very fortunate.

Let us know what the two of you do and then we can perhaps give you some pointers. Once you are in Aus you can then apply for PR (175) if you have enough points (which I am sure you do) or some companies will go the ENS route.

This address is for a company that is currently recruiting www.dialogcareers.com but if none of the jobs there are what you do there are tons of companies out there willing to sponsor the right people.

Good Luck

Welcome, sorry about the passing of your Dad

It is a great, addictive place to be, you are going to love it

Nicki

"Ag sorry to hear about your dad!

I still like to put flowers on my parents' grave "

Don't worry about flowers on empty graves, they are not there. They are around you, with you.....

every moment of every day.

Welcome to the forum and hope to see you all here soon!

KD.

Hi OzMania

And a very warm welcome to you too.

I'm sure you're going to find the answers to all of your questions - not to mention the wonderful support of the forumites - through thick and thin!

RoMar

Sometimes it takes a tragedy to get us thinking of alternatives in Life.

Would your Dad want this for you, I wonder?

If so . . . . don't let him down.

Go for it!