Gert & Roelien wants to go to Tasmania

ultphoto

Hi there,

My brother in law has been in Tasmania for 9 years and they wanted us to move there as well. We have never considered this until my wife went to visit end of last year and came back with a glowing report.

I am a qualified electronics engineer and professional photographer (depending on how you define professional :D ). I have my own consulting business currently, which allows me time to pursue photography in a professional way :)

Anyway, our main reason for considering the change is for the better lifestyle and security Tasmania offers. We would love to open a guest-house with a small gallery and photographic studio on a small plot, and live purely from this.

However, I assume that I will have to augment income with engineering work initially.

Well, in short - that is who we are.

Ciao

Gert and Roelien

Welkom Welkom in my geweste julle! Weet sommer julle sal baie info uit die site kry en sommer nice chommies ook maak.

Sterkte met die groot move. :)

Groete

Dedrei

Welcome to the forum.

You will make many friends as Dedrei said and find just as much info here! Ask your questions and guaranteed you'll get the answers.

Enjoy hanging out with us!

Welcome!

Congrats on making the decision!

Nats

Welcome folks, all the best

Welcome...this is a very imformative site and you'll find all you need here....

Hi Gert and Roelien,

And welcome to a fabulous forum.

I am so glad to hear of other people also heading for the "regional" areas. Thought I was the only daft one who actually wanted to go to either Tasmania or South Australia!

Well, all of the best with your applications, see some of the other threads as it seems that the assessments through Engineers Australia get processed pretty quickly :(

Cheers,

TereMel

Hey Gert, I've seen some footage recently on Tas, and read a bit.. It looks fantastic, Good luck, I hope that your process is smooth and easy..

What ever info you can probably think of needing, you will get here..

Have fun, read lots and ask questions..also, may I suggest a timeline, as this helps all of us to help you.

Scott

I love Tasmania, it reminds me a lot of New Zealand.

I love Tasmania, it reminds me a lot of New Zealand.

Absolutely, awesome and incredible response. Thanks to all for the hearty welcome.

Regards

Gert&Roelien

Welcome, and best of luck to you! :unsure:

It's fantastic to be among fellow "hopefuls", and the fortunate ones who are already there. Everyone here is wonderfully friendly and encouraging. This forum has me hooked, and I will keep posting long after I land in Australia (should I be that fortunate). It's just that kind of community. :blink:

Anyway, our main reason for considering the change is for the better lifestyle ..... and live purely from this.

Welcome!

We are also considering a change in our lifestyle! At our age :blush: you cannot afford to only work for heaps and heaps of money - otherwise you won't have any nice memories!