Greetigs and Salutations

Cagiva

Greetings,

I have been reading this forum for about 3 days after searching high and low on the internet for exactly such a resource. All the other sites I found had minimal information and posts was few and far between. Let me start by saying thank you to all the contributors to this forum. I am a moderator on a forum and I know how much work goes into creating and maintaining a site such as this.

We had already made our decision. But this forum has made the process easier.

We have been to the seminar but a migration agency and we met individually with the agent. So we know that we qualify on the points system and my partner has a trade test that is listed on the demand list. I am not all that familiar with the acronyms and lingo yet, so please forgive and correct me.

We are applying for a skills assessment at the end of the month and I am going to be posting questions about that in the correct section.

I am looking forward to enjoying my time here.

HI There

Welcome to the forum. Just a quick note if oyu know you will get in after a pre-meeting with an agent and your case is straight forward then why not apply yourself, you will find a huge amount of information on the forum

Nicki

Hi Nicki,

We are doing exactly that. We met with the agent just confirm that we had not made a mistake when calculating the points.

We are very excited and are actually drawing up our to do list to get going with this as we speak. Chris is a trade tested refrigeration and air conditioning mechanic, and we have heard that they are in demand so hopefully he can find employment asap.

I think, from living the life we do, you become fairly cynical and this forum has really helped bring my mind around to the idea that there is a better life out there.

Welcome and good luck with all the things to do... :blush: We've started in November, so everything to do is still fresh in our minds.

There is an excellent step-by-step procedure on this forum

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showtopic=9251

For me the first step is to book for IELTS (if needed), because that seems to me they are quite fully booked.

http://www.britishcouncil.org/learning-ielts.htm

Also apply for unabridged documents, as it takes a while....

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showtopic=9009

And then also - get your skills assessed...

Shout if you need any help..

HI There

Have a look at the immi website: www.immi.gov.au

There is the SOL list see if you are there (form 112i)

Nicki