What is a good salary in Perth

Gavin and Chantell

Hi

I know I have asked this before,and I have had help from many people-thank you,however,because I am not sure how the tax works in OZ,I need to try find out some more information.

I have been on "wagenet" web sites,this helped alot.I think this gives the average wage ?

Can anyone give me an idea of what would be a good salary for a single income family,ie If I were to get an offer of $50 000.00 per year,or,$60 000.00,$70 000.00.......etc etc.What would be a good offer?

"I received a budget from a member on this forum,this once again helped alot.Thank you

I guess I just need to do as much research as possible.So to all those that have helped me in the past,THANK YOU,nd please don't feel that the information you gave me I don't appreciate ,because I do!

Gavin

Hi G&C,

The issue of what is a good salary is far too objective, I'm afraid. We all have different standards and expectations, so there really is no such thing! The cost of living also differes from centre to centre, which confuses things further.

I have a friend living in Perth, earning $65K per annum (plus superannuation). He is married and has 3 children. His wife is a stay-at-home mum. They live in a pretty decent 4 bed home and have a car. So, clearly $65K plus super is surviveable. I'm not sure if that helps any, but again, this is a sticky, tricky issue and there will be no clear answers.

Cheers

Ajay

have a look at the Hays salary surveys at http://www.hays.com.au/salary/default.aspx and also the salary centre at http://www.seek.com.au/career-resources/salary-centre/.

I dont live in Aus yet so I cant say what is good or bad but at least you will be able to see what you should expect for your qualifications and expertise. As long as the offer you get is in the range then you should be OK (on the assunption that those in the industry or profession are happy with it).

Of course a more tedious route is to have a look at house prices in Perth, then go to a bank website and see what the mortgage repayments would be. Do the same with a car etc. Work out phone bills, utilites etc. See then what your net salary requirements are and go to the Gov Tax website and work out how much you have to gross to get that out net and so on...........