We have decided!

Jeanne

Hi, this is such an amazing website! Thank you to everyone for your time and help! Let us introduce ourselves. I am a jewellery designer and have my business in Pta. Hubby is the Pta rep in the family printing business.We have 2 stunning little girls age 7 and 9 and want a secure future for them.

We decided a week ago to make the move.

I have seen lots of job offers for our trades and want to know if it is at all worth it so send cvs, because we are seeing an agent next month, and all the jobs that we have seen so far of interest to us, say that one must have a visa. Are sponsors so scarce or has anyone have have an experience to share?

Is the visa fee for each member of the family who intends to work there or only the principal applicant?

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing from you!

Jeanne

Hi Jeanne

Welcome to forum.My personal feeling about an agent handling my immigration to Australia, takes away the feeling of independence and self satisfaction gained by doing it myself.This is a extremely hard process to undertake and planning is of utmost importance.Have you done a LSD trip to suss out where you intend to go?

I wish you and your family the best of luck and a smooth passage in your immigration process.

Regards

Conrad

Welcome here! I must say I've never seen a website with more detailed information than this one! It makes doing it yourself so much easier. And I think the agents on this site are probably going to kill me, but it really is easy applying on your own! But if you need the confidence boost from an agent, definitely use one!

We are applying for PR175, because we are almost at the cut-off age ...

Finding a job for some people are quite easy, but some companies in Oz want you to be a permanent resident before they give you a job :ilikeit:

I've read somewhere here on the forum there is a big Australia emigration exhibition somewhere in March (?) here in Australia. Can't find it now… but from what I've read there are job opportunities there as well.

Anyway, welcome and enjoy the long road to freedom!

Hi, this is such an amazing website! Thank you to everyone for your time and help! Let us introduce ourselves. I am a jewellery designer and have my business in Pta. Hubby is the Pta rep in the family printing business.We have 2 stunning little girls age 7 and 9 and want a secure future for them.

We decided a week ago to make the move.

I have seen lots of job offers for our trades and want to know if it is at all worth it so send cvs, because we are seeing an agent next month, and all the jobs that we have seen so far of interest to us, say that one must have a visa. Are sponsors so scarce or has anyone have have an experience to share?

Is the visa fee for each member of the family who intends to work there or only the principal applicant?

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing from you!

Jeanne

Hi Jeanne

Welcome to forum.My personal feeling about an agent handling my immigration to Australia, takes away the feeling of independence and self satisfaction gained by doing it myself.This is a extremely hard process to undertake and planning is of utmost importance.Have you done a LSD trip to suss out where you intend to go?

I wish you and your family the best of luck and a smooth passage in your immigration process.

Regards

Conrad

Thanks Conrad and Maritza, does doing everthing by yourself really go slower? We have to watch the budget but also don't want to end up wasting time either! :blush:

I personally don't think it goes any slower if you do it yourself... (Please note - this is my personal opinion and I don't want to take anything away from the registered agents)

We have been doing it ourselves. I wanted to get an agent when we started, but my husband is a do-it-yourself type of guy. So we did everything ourselves. And it really is not that difficult! But if you have unusual circumstances, maybe it's better to get an agent.

Just remember, if you use an agent, you must still get all your documents yourself, and they keep your tracking number, so you cannot track your application yourself.

Whatever you decide - you must go the online route - it seems it goes a bit faster than the paper application.

But please - this my personal opinion - don't want to step on anybody toes!

"Just remember, if you use an agent, you must still get all your documents yourself, and they keep your tracking number, so you cannot track your application yourself. "

Sorry, but have to correct you here! I give the tracking number to my clients as soon as I get it so that they can track their own application as well!

Edited by customeyes

Just goes to show how good our forum agents are, or maybe those based in Aus. Yes, Customeyes - THAT IS GOOD SERVICE and this is how it should be. And I am sure you keep good contact with the CO, when necessary, on behalf of your client as well.

Good on you.

Hi there and welcome.

I don't know too much about the working visas (we have applied for permanent residence visas), but I am pretty sure that you only pay once for the main applicant and the spouse is allowed to work as well in Aus at no additional cost (unlike SA where each spouse needs a visa if they want to work...).

Good luck with the process and if you are stuck, have any questions, just want to chat or have a good cry about the waiting part, we are all here and are in the same boat as you! :ilikeit:

Thanks for all the help! We are going to do it ouselves, our situation is uncomplicated, and the forms are not difficult to understand.

Here we go...

Thanks for all the help! We are going to do it ouselves, our situation is uncomplicated, and the forms are not difficult to understand.

Here we go...

Good on ya Jeanne.

We did our application for PR136 ourselves and unfortunately know of some people who have gone with a agent and havent been nominated with a CO yet. So yeah ,if its uncomplicated like you say ,then go ahead and do it yourselves.

Good Luck with the results and keep us posted.

Eileen