Points System

Angel-Lynn

:ilikeit:

Morning to you all!

Please help with the following criteria:-

1. Where do I obtain online information regarding the Points System / Free Assessment to ascertain whether my partner and I qualify to immigrate to Australia?

Help!

Thank-you!

:ilikeit: - Lynn

Hi Lynn,

The point system only applies if you are going the independent visa route. this visa is called the 175. But it takes very very long to get, about a year or more. http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-ski...points-test.htm

You would be better off going the Employer sponsored route. This ES visas do not require points but require you to have a job and a company willing to sponsor you.

Start here http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-ski...isa-options.htm HAppy reading

Jordy

Edited by Jordy

Thanks Jordy - you are a super-star, thats why you were born!!! mwhahaha

Your info of immense help!

In gratitude and a magnificent weekend to you all!

Lynn

The point system only applies if you are going the independent visa route. this visa is called the 175. But it takes very very long to get, about a year or more.

not anymore - you can get the 175 visa within 6-9 months if you apply online, I believe.

Springbok - thanks so much for your input as well, you are all amazing! Do you have any idea what internet site I could go on to investigate the 175 Visa?

Trust you can help.

Until then, my appreciation.

Lynn

not anymore - you can get the 175 visa within 6-9 months if you apply online, I believe.

And if you go the state-sponsored route, it's even less time because you get priority processing. That's according to the email that a friend got when he was told that his sponsorship application had been approved.

For the PR / 175 visa, Booklet 6 is your lifeline, it contains the points test too:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books6.htm

Downloadable as a PDF file (219 KB)

Hi Angel-Lynn

A very big welcome to the Forum.Some how I feel we have crossed paths in our short stay here on planet Earth.

One thing I have learn`t is to go back and read other posts and threads regarding immigration to Australia.The information gained is fantastic and all the members are so helpful.

The only setback of this Forum is the addiction.ENJOY ENJOY.

Love Con

Oh hi there Con

Yes we have! Remember 25 Aug some few years back??? I love the spontaniety, supportof and caring of this amazing forum of beautiful people!

Chat soon and thanks for your input too! Give the famdamily a huge hug and kiss from me!

Love to you all

Angel-Lynn

xxx

Hi Angel-lyn and welcome, as Jordy said, the 457 is also a way to go, its pretty quick and maybe less painless.. once you are there you can apply for PR... Something to consider.. We were in doubt about my qualifications, so once we are there we will check for immediate PR application, if this is not possible, we will then wait 2 yrs and get the employer to sponsor it..

An option..

Good luck, happy chatting and reading.

Scott

Yay and congrats Mupersan and your words "If you strive for the absurd, you will achieve the impossible" has materialised! Here's wishing you and your family much success and happiness!

Please explain:- the 457 is also a way to go, its pretty quick and maybe less painless.. once you are there you can apply for PR... Something to consider.. We were in doubt about my qualifications, so once we are there we will check for immediate PR application, if this is not possible, we will then wait 2 yrs and get the employer to sponsor it..

What is 457? and the PR application? Just need as much info as I can gather!

When do you folk depart SA for Sydney?

Angel-Lynn

Yay and congrats Mupersan and your words "If you strive for the absurd, you will achieve the impossible" has materialised! Here's wishing you and your family much success and happiness!

Please explain:- the 457 is also a way to go, its pretty quick and maybe less painless.. once you are there you can apply for PR... Something to consider.. We were in doubt about my qualifications, so once we are there we will check for immediate PR application, if this is not possible, we will then wait 2 yrs and get the employer to sponsor it..

What is 457? and the PR application? Just need as much info as I can gather!

When do you folk depart SA for Sydney?

Angel-Lynn

Hi Angel-Lynn,

The 457 subclass visa is a provisional visa which doesn't give you permanent residence, but is valid for four years. What you are allowed to do is apply for one of the permanent residence visas concurrently. If you do it that way, then the fact that you have a 457 visa means that you'd get extra points on your PR visa because of your job offer.

The beauty of a 457 visa is that you'd be outta here much quicker.