Howzit howzit

BigJay

Howzit everyone

Here's to introducing ourselves. :offtopic: My better half and I have been living in Wimbledon, London the last 3 years and ja very dik of the place already too. But not too keen on returning to lovely SA either. So we're looking at migrating to Perth.

I'm an IT project systems engineer and my better half works as a client accountant in the lettings and real estate industry. We're originally from JHB and looking at getting over on a general skilled visa,via the RPL ACS route and hopefully everything can be finalised by the end of the year before we need to apply for an extension on our UK visa's(we don't have ancestral visa's or british passports).

So HOWZIT everyone and we look forward to the start of some new web friendships and people in the same boat as us. :o

Speak to you all soon.

Jay

Hi BigJay

Welcome to it. I did the RPL/ACS assessment without any problems. Have you actually done yours yet? Did they give you any grief, if so?

cya around the forum :offtopic:

Howdy and welcome,

We also lived in London for a few years - North West though (the other Wimbledon - Willesden Green) :lol:

Good luck with your move, and if you have any UK to Aus related queries, give me a shout...

Welcome!

I have to admit, I think the British weather would really get me down. My best friend since childhood lives in Wales, and although it's absolutely stunning, the weather is getting him down.

Hope you enjoy the forum and just shout if there's anything you want to know!

Michele

Welcome :ilikeit:

I am sure that you will love the weather in Perth. It's a big change from London, no doubt. Good luck with your application.

Welcome. If you have any school/education questions, give me a Hoy.

Ican only speak for the South Austrlain sytem, though.

Dax

Welcome, Jay! :whome:

I have just recently submitted my skills assessment to the ACS and can't wait to get a reply. I'm a C# programmer (at the moment), and have been programming for 17 years now. I didn't go the RPL route (I completed a BSc in Computer Science in 2004), but I'm very anxious about the process. I hope they will give me the "thumbs up" without requesting more info. I'm very keen to get everything finalised so that I can concentrate on the move itself.

The people here are wonderful! The encouraging, friendly, and helpful responses I have received have already got me hooked. I'm here every day now. :ilikeit:

All the best with your move,

Mark

Edited by Tobold

Welcome!

I have to admit, I think the British weather would really get me down. My best friend since childhood lives in Wales, and although it's absolutely stunning, the weather is getting him down.

Hope you enjoy the forum and just shout if there's anything you want to know!

Michele

I agree with Michele - the gloom of London can get to a person.

Welcome and ask away!

Nats