Internet options - Telstra

Beatle

I will be working in Leinster (in the outback) and have been told that the only network which gets signal in this area is Telstra, is this true?

As my fiancé will not be moving with me initially it will be vital for me to stay in contact via the internet. At the moment I connect my laptop to the internet using the Bluetooth on my mobile phone, but this is very expensive as I pay for the time that I use my phone as a modem. Does anyone know of another/ cheaper way that I can connect to the internet (bearing in mind that I don’t have a fixed land line)? I have heard someone talk about a 500meg/ month high speed mobile internet connection – what is this? Forgive me I am technologically challenged!

To summarise - i have a laptop, a cellphone and want to connect to the internet - what is the best (and cheapest) way for me to do this?

I would really appreciate any advice, thanks

Hi

Try BBNet http://www.bbnet.com.au/pages/residential/ their wireless option. From what I have read they do cover your area, just give them a call.

I see they also have a satalite option for those really far out in the bush.

But also check and see if telstra has any better offers.

Edited by NikkiH