Curious

Angel-Lynn

:ilikeit:Hi there to all ex South Africans now residing in Australia!

I am a "middle-aged" newie to the forum, working and residing in Kwa Zulu Natal. I would love to know how the folk who have immigrated to Australia, have adjusted to their new way of life in Australia and, if the political / crime problems in South Africa were to be resolved, would you consider returning to SA? What has been your biggest adjustment you have had to make living in Australia. What are the perks you have living in Australia that we do not have here in SA?

Also, are there positions readily available for qualified FLORISTS in Australia and what would one earn?

I love dancing - are there places where singles get-together to dance?

I would love to hear from you and await your responses!

Enjoy the moment - keep the balance and stay warm.

Angel-Lynn :)

Hi Angel-Lynn and welcome to the forum.

1. How have I adjusted to new way of life in Australia:

Quite simply, very easily. We did a LSD trip and knew what we were coming to, coupled with a lot of research and "will make it work" attitude.

2. If the political / crime problems in South Africa were to be resolved, would you consider returning to SA? No. Australia has won my heart over. :ilikeit:

3. What has been your biggest adjustment you have had to make living in Australia.

Hmm... interesting question! Well for starters, living without my family close by and spending in Aus $

4. What are the perks you have living in Australia that we do not have here in SA?

Medicare, use of state run hospitals, free education

Also, are there positions readily available for qualified FLORISTS in Australia and what would one earn?

Florist is not on the SOL, but may be nominated under the Employer Nomination Scheme

Hope this helps

Kim

:)

Hi Angel-Lynn and welcome to the forum.

1. How have I adjusted to new way of life in Australia:

Quite simply, very easily. We did a LSD trip and knew what we were coming to, coupled with a lot of research and "will make it work" attitude.

2. If the political / crime problems in South Africa were to be resolved, would you consider returning to SA? No. Australia has won my heart over. :wub:

3. What has been your biggest adjustment you have had to make living in Australia.

Hmm... interesting question! Well for starters, living without my family close by and spending in Aus $

4. What are the perks you have living in Australia that we do not have here in SA?

Medicare, use of state run hospitals, free education

Florist is not on the SOL, but may be nominated under the Employer Nomination Scheme

Hope this helps

Kim

:)

;)Thanks so much for your prompt reponse Kim - appreciate all your valuable and positive information!

Just one item I am not clear on in your response is the following hereunder:-

What does SOL mean and where would I begin my Internet search for the Employer Nomination Scheme? I really sound sooo blonde!

I have only had good reports about Australia which you have affirmed!

Keep smiling

:) Angel-Lynn

Hi There here is the list for what is a SOL postion. Have a look at www.immi.gov.au and under visa you will find the types of visas available. 119 is a sponsored PR visa and 457 is a sponsored temp visa

Morning Nicki :D

In gratitude for your supportive response and informative attachements. Such a help!

How long have your family and yourself been in Australia and where do you folk reside?

Any info that you can pass on I will be so grateful for as I am literally like "the new kid on the block" at this moment in time.

Have a magnificent day Nicki and once again, my thanks.

:holy: Lynn

. How have I adjusted to new way of life in Australia:

Hi Kim

What is a LSD trip, I would love to do something like that. One is always scared of the unknown . . .

Which part of Aus do you stay, and what is the wheather like?

LIGGIE

Hi Kim

What is a LSD trip, I would love to do something like that. One is always scared of the unknown . . .

Which part of Aus do you stay, and what is the wheather like?

LIGGIE

Hi Liggie :ilikeit:

An LSD trip is a Look, See and Decide trip.

We were encouraged by my Mother to take the trip as she felt that it is such a big (and expensive) move, to only find later that you don't like Aus. My hubby and I came out last year March to meet the sponsor, see the town, the schools, cost of housing and catch up with friends in Mackay. I must say that it really helped with our planning in the end. Some people, for various reasons, choose not to do the LSD trip and they settle in just fine.

We live in a small town (around 12 000 people), called Warwick in Queensland. We are 2 hours drive from Brisbane. The weather is the similar to JHB weather, warm summers and cold winters.

Cheers

Kim

Hi Polyanna

Wow, that is the first time that I have seen somebody compare Qld weather to Jhb......................

Don't know if that one works for me, Jhb would be closer to Melbourne than to the tropical climate of Queensland.....for sure!

Hi Polyanna

Wow, that is the first time that I have seen somebody compare Qld weather to Jhb......................

Don't know if that one works for me, Jhb would be closer to Melbourne than to the tropical climate of Queensland.....for sure!

Hi Mara

Warwick is tucked behind the Great Dividing Range and is situated south east of Qld. We are 160km west of Brisane. In Summer, our days average early 30's and in winter months, the temperature can get as low as -5 deg C and warms up to approx 17 deg C. Stanthorpe which is a town south of Warwick (around 60km) is a wine producing town and grow apples. This gives you an idea of how cold it is. There is no rain in the winter months, just dry and cold like JHB.

Edited by Polyanna

Hey Polyanna, thanks for that, just shows, you learn something new about Australia everyday!

Pray tell, what is the humidity like in summer, also high like Brisbane or really not that bad?

Also what are the summer nights like, do they cool down with a breeze, or still stay close to 30?

I stand corrected, sounds like a lovely place to live!

Hi All,

I was under the impression that the weather comparisons were as follows:

JHB much like Sydney

CPT much like Melbourne

DBN much like Brisbane

Is this the case?

Thanks

Nats

Hey Polyanna, thanks for that, just shows, you learn something new about Australia everyday!

Pray tell, what is the humidity like in summer, also high like Brisbane or really not that bad?

Also what are the summer nights like, do they cool down with a breeze, or still stay close to 30?

I stand corrected, sounds like a lovely place to live!

Making a comparison from the Bureau of Meteorology website, the Relative Humidity on 31 Jan 2008 for Warwick was 43% and for Brissy 61%.

The minimum temp averaged 16 deg C.

Thanks Polyanna, I will definitely hae to check out your neck of the woods one day!