X-Rays Lost

Marina

Dear All

I am not a new member on this forum ;) but have noticed that the regular readers of this forum have done their homework and might be able to provide me with the best advise.

My 457 Visa was granted today, for which I am extremely gratefull...But we were advised that my fiance's x-ray was never received by the LCU, which is impossible because it was in the same envelope as mine.

I just wanted to know if that has happened to any one else and what the process is from here? Should I take on a battle with the Department of Immigration or should my fiance just undertake another X-Ray?

If he undertakes another X-Ray is there any way in which same can be fast-tracked seing that the delay is caused by their negligence? We want to fly to Sydney during the last week in Feb in order for me to commence employment on the 3rd of March so it is becoming a bit of a crisis... :(

Any recommendations are welcome...

Did you make two completely seperate applications or was he a co-applicant on your application?

I mean did he get a visa or not?

Simmilar thing happened to us. They received our son's full medical but not ours according to them. We sent them an email and told them it was done at the same time and posted in the same envelope. I gave them the tracking nr etc etc. They did not let us know that it was found we only got our Pre grant letter about 3 weeks later, so I assume they found it!!

Tracy also had a similar situation if I remember correctly.

I'll take it up with them!!

Simmilar thing happened to us. They received our son's full medical but not ours according to them. We sent them an email and told them it was done at the same time and posted in the same envelope. I gave them the tracking nr etc etc. They did not let us know that it was found we only got our Pre grant letter about 3 weeks later, so I assume they found it!!

Tracy also had a similar situation if I remember correctly.

I'll take it up with them!!

Thank you Nilo.

I followed your advise and send them an email with the tracking number and all the deatils that I could possibly provide them. I think they will react exactly the same and just provide us with the approval...but the uncertainty will drive me mad! Any way it is in their hands now.

Have a wonderful day. :ilikeit:

Hi Marina,

Call LCU and explain the situation; they are a hectic department that doesn't keep the medicals/x-rays with them. Things seem to get lost more than they should.

LCU@immi.gov.au

+61 2 8666 5758

Good luck!