Self-appointed Pioneers

MelG

HI Everybody,

I have been a member of this forum for 3 months. I always see new people introducing themselves and think 'gee, I never did that. Guess I should just carry on...' But in all honesty, I feel a bit rude. So hi, my name is Mel, and I am a forum Addict :ilikeit:

I am the member of the forum on my family's behalf. We've decided to relocate mainly because we are tired of here. We have lived Jhb, Dbn. Now live CT and nothing else in SA is very appealing. So lets just move continents. So for our next adventure we have chosen Australia.

We have been very fortunate in that we have not been directly affected by violent crime. Oh hang on, there was that time armed men gate-crashed a braai we were guests at (in Jhb) and all the women and children were ushered out of sight, but otherwise we have never seen the end of a pistol pointed at us, thank God.

It is very worrying though that most of the violent crimes that occur one hears about through one's personal networks as opposed to the media. But I put that to our censored (although that's denied) media, so the powers-that-be can keep the masses at bay, and avoid an uprising.

Well up-rising we are. Somewhere else. However not to discredit those members of the forum family that have had terrible crime experiences, we are moving 40% for the better living conditions and 60% for the adventure. We have two kids, Anna (6) and Jean (3) and there's no doubt that Australia would be better to them than SA.

I read a post by Mrs Mupersan, where she described her yearning for Oz.

My eyes just welled up! Everytime I say to people that I am meant to be there, I have known it for years people give me a blank 'south-park' stare and do I see pity/envy/desertion? <_< Hmmm, not sure? At least around here, people know what I'm talking about.

Thanks for this fantastic 'engine' of resources and support.

We initially decided to go on the PR route as my husband qualifies for points, but have since opted for the 457 route, mostly from a cost-savings perspective. The journey began for us 1 Jan08, and we're in the process of collecting all our documentation from Home Affairs.

And so the journey begins... a small step for the G-team (thats us), a big leap for the Clan (that's the rest of the family, who say they're not really interested. Ja, ja, whatever. Watch this space!)

Edited by MelG

HI Everybody,

I have been a member of this forum for 3 months. I always see new people introducing themselves and think 'gee, I never did that. Guess I should just carry on...' But in all honesty, I feel a bit rude. So hi, my name is Mel, and I am a forum Addict <_<

Hi Mel............(AA Style) :ilikeit:

Best of luck with the process!

A x

Hi Mel,

A good positive attitude - go for it!