457 Visa

Willie

I need advise. My son finished grade 12 last year and was unsuccessful thus far to get a apprenticeship in South Africa due to to the normal reason. My kids is my no.1 reason for moving to Australia. The problem is he is 18 years old thus I must proof he is still dependant. What is acceptable proof and how do you do that? Depending the medicals the rest of us do not have a problem and the sponsorship has already been approved. With a full sponsorship and relocation paid and a contract for permanent residency sponsorship once there on the line I would not like to let this go, I think it is a excellent opportunity but I will not leave my CHILD behind for this.

Any suggestions is most welcome!!

Willie, can you not say that he is going to study in Australia, then he would be dependent on you. This is just a shot in the dark, I don't know if it will work!

Willie, can you not say that he is going to study in Australia, then he would be dependent on you. This is just a shot in the dark, I don't know if it will work!

Yes That has bees suggested but then I need to enrol him and send the proof with and the next Tafe block already started or are about to start and as things are progressing now we might be there in August only looks like. There is a course he intends to do but that only starts in Feb. again and it is not possible to enroll for that at this time as enrolment will only open from Jan. At this stage I am waiting to here from Roxby Downs Tafe as to what other courses are running then maybe I can get him in there for the time being until the Mechanical pre apprentice course starts in Jan.

Thanks

Willie

Can you not enrol him in a full time short course in RSA and get them to confirm that in writing on a letterhead? As long as he is studying - even if he does not complete the course before you come to Aus. I know it may be a "waste" of money, but some things money can't buy. (Do you know when your 457 will be approved? Maybe he can even complete the short course before then??)

Willie, I told hubby about your "problem" (because we were in almost the same situation). He said that all we needed was a sworn statement from both him and my son, that he was still dependant on us. (Hubby is at a conference today, but he thinks he's still got the statements on his laptop and will Email it to me - If you want, I can PM you when I have it, and then Email it to you for the wording to be used.)

Willie, I told hubby about your "problem" (because we were in almost the same situation). He said that all we needed was a sworn statement from both him and my son, that he was still dependant on us. (Hubby is at a conference today, but he thinks he's still got the statements on his laptop and will Email it to me - If you want, I can PM you when I have it, and then Email it to you for the wording to be used.)

Thanks guy's it looks like I might have found a solution, through my new employer, they organised that my son can start a course now as a correspondence course and get full credit once it actually starts in Feb'07. As it is a full time course it will be accepted. I must say I have never dealt with any company before willing to get up and help as much as these guys did so far. I am sure that it must be an excellent place to work with people that is willing to go that far out of their way to help. I don't think I ever experienced it in RSA this far!!!!

Willie, you must be very relieved! It's great news!

Just in case you - or anyone else following this thread - will need to proof dependancy of children over 18, I have attached the relevant specified formats: Affidavit_Father.docAffidavit_Son.doc

Willie, you must be very relieved! It's great news!

Just in case you - or anyone else following this thread - will need to proof dependancy of children over 18, I have attached the relevant specified formats:

thanks Riekie it is very similar to the letter the Lawyer in Aus suggested. O ja The company appointed a lawyer to assist me with the problem as well. I must say the level of assistance from the company I am going to work for is out of this world!! With this kind of attention to detail and interest it give one a lot more confidence in the whole move.

Let's hope it's an indication of what your life will be like here in Oz!! (Dit is darem maar lekker as goed WERK hè!!)

Hi Willie,

Please let us know how your son's application is going.

I applied for a relative, who was completely dependant on us. They made the decision that he was NOT our dependant. I told them what would happen if we had to leave him there, and it did. I wonder if these people that make these decisions know that they are juggling with people's LIVES? They just dropped someone...... :ilikeit:

I am praying that your application goes well.

Greetings

Dreamy