Port Stephens

Riekie

We "discovered" Port Stephens two weeks ago when we decided on the spur of the moment to head North. What an unforgettable weekend!! If you ever have the opportunity to go to Port Stephens - GRAB IT!! We got stuck in the dunes on Stockton beach - a first for us, and a very scary experience for me!!

The rest of my Port Stephens Pics can be viewed here: http://riekiespics.blogspot.com/

Hi Rieke,

Very COOL pictures!!!!, great shot of the school of dolphins :ilikeit: , I noticed on the above picture that the 4 wheel drive got stuck in the sand dune, happen to us in Moreton Island where we also had to remove sand from underneath the vehicle with our hands :blink:

Edited by CPU

While in the situation , I was stressed big time, because we were completely alone with just sand as far as we could see - it was getting dark & started to drizzle! (I already pictured our skeletons being discovered 100 years later buried under piles of sand!!) I get upset when I get sand between my toes when we go to the beach, but you should have seen me : I was on my tummy, digging away like a dog searching for a bone!! Afterwards we laughed about it and it was actually great fun! (Let's do it again!!) We decided the sensible thing to do would be for hubby to do a 4X4 course before we go "off road" again - and to get the right equipment for situations like those.

You should have seen those dolphins for real - there are just some things you can never capture! If you ever visit Aus again, make that one of your stops (Port Stephens pride themselves on being the dolphin capital!)

Are you into photography or more into travel? I am both! (If you have more travel pics, please post them!)

(Thanks for getting back to me on my question - the pic I "forgot" was actually the one where hubby digs away to rescue the Landy)!