Cape Town 9th February 2008

Aramat

Ok... sorry about the poll date mix-up, having a blonde day today! :huh:

This is it!

Date: 9th Feb 2008

Time: 17:00

What: Finger food evening

Bring: Own drinks & a plate of eats (eg: mini pizza, cheese & biscuits, chips & dip, cocktail sausage rolls, etc)

Place: My place. (will have to pray for good weather)

Will PM those who confirm with actual address/directions

For those who haven't yet attended a coffee club, kids are very welcome.

please let me know if you can make it & how many people, I will need to supply glasses etc.

Edited by Aramat

Sounds nice Aramat, but sadly we won't be able to make it.

Will be celebrating my mom's 50th birthday. :ilikeit:

Hope you guys have a great time tho! (nice weather is predicted for the time being, but who knows in Cape Town!)

Michele

Sounds great! We'll be there (2 of us, me and Melanie ("pofstert" on the forum))

Looking forward to it! :ilikeit:

(oh, and please PM directions? thanks :blink: )

John.

Edited by wislon

Sorry you'll be missing it Michele R, Enjoy your mom's party!!

Lets hope the weather will play along it's not supposed to be this windy this time of year!

Looks like I'm going to have a full house! :ilikeit:

Anyone else?

Hi aramat

I replied to your first message posted with the poll. My husband and I will join too.

Can you please PM me you address?

Thanks

PM incomming!!

Bringing this topic to the top of the page :(

Hiya,

Have RSVPed already but for an update, my family will be there 2 adults; 2kids.

I know you said it was child friendly, but is there a pool. We have a boystrous 3yr old.

Will bring drinks and snacks.

Mel

Oh no, just jotted it down on my calender when my sister called to say her hubby's 40th will be then. Sorry, would have loved to meet all the Capetonians before everyone moves to a different state in Aus.

Enjoy!!

Hi Aramat

Unfortunately we can't make it on the 9th.

By the next CC meeting we'll be in Australia - We're going over 10 March to check things out and not sure when we'll be back.

Good luck with your application. It's about time yours came through!!!

-Daniel

Hi all

Sorry you guys can't make it Christine & Daniel! Yeah we also feel it's about time ours came through, but as we always say, it's timing will be perfect.

Wilna enjoy your brothers party, maybe some one else will be inspired to arrange another get together as I think this will be the last one I'll be organising (hopefully will soon be arranging our move).

Mel, we have a small splash pool which we will be collapsing for the evening as it currently sit in the middle of our paving & we will need the space, so no worries there. Be warned though we have a 10ft trampoline which the kids usually have a ball on.

So far 20 adults & 9 kids!! The more the merrier. ( I think I should maybe warn the neighbors :) )

No problem Brad, I fully understand as my daughter will be 8 in April & would never forgive me if we planned soething else!

just bring this up again for anyone who isn't yet aware of our get together next week-end.

Let me know if you want to join in.

For those who are coming...... be prepared to CHAT hehehe

Hi Aramat

Just want ot check that you still have us on the list

Deon and Louize (with two kids), and we will bring 2 friends along (also with two kids), did mail in when it was set up.

Deon

Yip still have you guys down for 4 adults & 4 kids!

Weather for Saturday looks good, lets hope the wind is absent.

To those who have already confirmed, please bring along some folding chairs, or if you are happy to stand, no worries!

Due to my husbands success :lol: at selling off the items of funiture not going with us, we now have a limited no of chairs :ilikeit:

Anyone else wanting to join us just let me know :holy:

See you all on Saturday!

We'll make sure to bring our two folding chairs then...

Could you give us all an idea of roughly how many people are attending. If we're bringing some snacky things, we don't want to fall short! :ilikeit:

Sure, we're sitting at 26 adults & 11 kids so far!

Please don't try to cater for numbers, just bring something along that would be enough for your family plus a little extra, if everyone does this there will be plenty.

I have sufficient glasses so no need to worry about those.

Sure, we're sitting at 26 adults & 11 kids so far!

Please don't try to cater for numbers, just bring something along that would be enough for your family plus a little extra, if everyone does this there will be plenty.

I have sufficient glasses so no need to worry about those.

Crikey, that's quite a turnout!

And there I was getting ready to whip Melanie into baking hundreds of muffins... :ilikeit:

cya Saturday :ilikeit:

Edited by wislon

Guest mrs mupersan

Goodness Gracious & Golly Gosh!!!! :rolleyes: This is a great turnout! It'll be our first coffee club - and our last as we fly out 2 weeks later! :blink:

We're looking forward to meeting you all & making some valuable contacts for when we all arrive in Aus.

Cheers,

Mands

Well the first one I hosted was actually bigger, but then as I always say, the more the merrier.

Just remember that sometimes some people that have confirmed can't make it, but hoping the majority will still be there.

For any one else that wants to join us I will be offline from around 2pm today (so won't get PM's), so please just give me a call on 082 893 0309 if you still want to join us.