Get together

Marius

Just got a PM from Manny, he recons we should get together for a picnic again before summer ends. I totally agree :whome: Long time since the last one. :blush: Now that we have the skop onde ride g** lets arrange a place and date. Any proposals ? Consider kids need to play and shade, dis warm hier B)

Watch this space for the details. :ph34r::ilikeit:

You guys can check out my place.

We've got a 7 metre wide gazebo where we hide under for about a dozen folk and there are verandahs all round my place.

You can drown the kids in my 1.2 metre deep pool that's only 5 metres across.

They can run around on 7 or 8 acres screaming their heads off . . . . no neighbours within 300 / 400 metres!

9 kms east of Mount Barker, up the Freeway towards Melbourne.

Let me know if interested.

Another option is Morialta Conservation Park or booking one of the sheds in Belair Nat Park for the arvo.

If you choose the beach, I could get my son's old speedboat for the afternoon.

Marius (Annette's hubby) has my 4.2 metre sailing boat for those who can sail on the sea.

Sounds great! If we're in Adelaide by the time you have this get together, we'd be very keen to join in!

Great idea.

I would go for somewhere like Mount Lofty or Belair National Park. Belair has play equipment for the littlies and a lot of space (and shade) for energetic pursuits or just lazing the afternoon away in a deckchair. :ilikeit: Also lots of wildlife for the newbies who haven't seen koalas in their natural habitat yet :whome: .

I'm not a great fan of get-togethers at the beach because of the sun / sand factor (not too keen on crunchy boerewors!), unless you think we can all fit under the Jetty at Noarlunga :ilikeit: but I'm happy to go for that if everyone else wants to do it.

Bob, thanks for the kind offer but we can't keep trashing your place. ;)

Aww shucks! It seems as if we will not be able to attend, but I hope those who will make it will have a great time!

Dax

Looks like Belair's a hot favourite at the moment.

Do you want me to check out the availability of a shed in one of the spots at Belair? . . . . and get back to you guys?

Looks like Belair's a hot favourite at the moment.

Do you want me to check out the availability of a shed in one of the spots at Belair? . . . . and get back to you guys?

Yes please BOB

We're back on-line en uiteindelik oppad ( ... so te se ... )

Bob, Marius, nice to see you guys on line. You helped us a helluva lot when we were in Adelaide doing our LSD in May last year. Yeah, can you believe it, almost a year has gone.

We received our 495 approvals on the 21st of December ... we couldn't have asked for a better Christmas present.

As a matter of interest; 3/4 through our application, we received a new agent/case officer, who royally screwed everything up. After several well-worded letters from me to the department, they saw the light and finalised our application.

I'll be catching up on the forum and just maybe we'll make the pre-winter get-together you're planning ... if not, dan kap ons 'n paar op ons eie Marius (Bob, that means then we'll have a few on our own!)

Yeeee haaaaaaa en boere groete!!

Danie /Michelle,

Baie geluk ! Ek sien julle in Mei op die lughawe. Danie, ons het 'n do-ver om te maak :ilikeit:

Welcome to Adelaide !!!.

All South Africans in Adelaide or on the way:

Please see the events section for a picnic / braai /get together in March.

Hope to see you there, bring your Saffer pals.

Check out the detials of a informal South African picnic / braai / get together on 9 March 2008 in Belair National Park in the "events" section.

See you there ! :ilikeit::whome:

• 4 weeks later...
Check out the detials of a informal South African picnic / braai / get together on 9 March 2008 in Belair National Park in the "events" section.

See you there ! :rolleyes::ilikeit:

Hi Marius

What's the response to your invitation been been like? Has the invitation been postede on the SANETSA website?

This "reply" should get this topic back where it belongs, at the top of the "page".

Enjoy!!

Manny

Hi Manny,

I have aked the SANETSA people twice to put the info in their site and send the info on to them. I get verbal commitment, but no info in the site. I am trying again tomorrow.

The verbal replies have been positive, but we will have to see. I have not had many written replies, but I can see a large number have read the post and invite, so lets see who and how many turn up.

No need to panic.

Sometimes a small group is just the job. You'll find you only really get to talk to about a dozen or so anyhow at most events.

You can at least get to talk to everyone if only a handful turn up.

Ginnie and I would like to introduce ourselves to the newcomers to Adelaide and hear how they're getting on and adjusting to different circumstances in Australia.

Danie & Michelle!

It will be good to catch up with you two again. You bring the XXXX. I'll bring the thirst :unsure:

Edited by Bob

Marius,

Many people don't actually reply, they just arrive seeing as it's BYO. You might get a big surprise at the attendency!!

Have Fun!!

I'm going to get stickers on which people can write their names , might be a helpful thought!!

AND ask Riekie to put a notice on the front page!!!!

Edited by Nilo

Hi Manny,

I have aked the SANETSA people twice to put the info in their site and send the info on to them. I get verbal commitment, but no info in the site. I am trying again tomorrow.

The verbal replies have been positive, but we will have to see. I have not had many written replies, but I can see a large number have read the post and invite, so lets see who and how many turn up.

Hi Marius and Bob. No worries mates. I have spoken to a lot off locals that was just lying under the trees and asked them what were they doing on the 9th of Match. Nothing they said. Every day is the same. They jumped at the oppertunity to be part off a South Africam braai. That is, only after I explained that a Barbie and a Braai are the same thing.

Soo, Annatjie and Jan and about a 100+ will be present. He he.

Bwahaha :)

I've got a car now, so I'm mobile - will look into attending, maybe bring some South Africans I know along!

Some of us will be there, even for just a short time. Too hard to say at this stage, as my brother will be here and still very much jetlagged :blush:

Some of us will be there, even for just a short time. Too hard to say at this stage, as my brother will be here and still very much jetlagged :blush:

Excuses......excuses...excuses. First it was Womadelaide and now it is your brother :ilikeit: Bring him along.

See you there! :whome::lol::ilikeit:

Enjoy!

Manny

Oi you! :(

Some members of my family are going to Womadelaide, I just happen to be too poverty stricken to be able to join them at the moment ;) . I'll see if I can drag my jetlagged brother over, although he is VERY big :)

PLease take note of the revised directions in the park as mentuon in the Ëvents"section.The get together is just past the kids adventure park in Wallnut Paddock on the left as you drive inwards, about 1,3 km from the entry gate where you pay to get in.

No worries, currently disadvantaged :) poverty stricken poor jetlagged immigrants and / or visitors welcome. :D

hi everybody

i have been a member of this forum for a couple of months and read it often but have been very slack lately!I just sat down and decided to have a read and then saw this post for a braai in adelaide!YEY!I am from Pretoria, married to a ozzie and have been in adelaide now for 11 months.I have not met any south africans so just want to know if its ok if we come to this get together?it will be great to make south african friends!ek mis afrikaans!!!groete,odette :P

Please do Odette :P it's always nice to meet new people

Ja inderdaad, kom gerus, bring die ander helfde saam, no worries. Hy is mos nou half Suid Afrikaans :cry:

Dont forget the revised directions under "events". Hope to see you there and put some faces to names !