Anybody else having same issue

Dedrei

Question

Just wondering if I am the only one here but I don't receive emails anymore if someone has sent me a PM or if a new reply is posted to a topic that I am subscribed to.

Really frustrating for me at this stage as I can't keep tabs on things.

Cheers

8 answers to this question

Hi Deidrei,

It happened to me for some of the topics. Try re-subscribe to each main topic.

Have the forum admin considered changing the forum program to something like vBulletin. It is ten times better than the current one. I belong to www.myadsl.co.za and they use vBulletin.

Thanks Jordy I have done that too.

Hendie runs the IT side of the forums and seems to prefer this one as he uses them for all 3 forums.

Finally got this issue sorted. Changed my email address. But have a new issue. Don't have admin access anymore. Just can't win can I? :whome:

Just wondering if I am the only one here but I don't receive emails anymore if someone has sent me a PM or if a new reply is posted to a topic that I am subscribed to.

Really frustrating for me at this stage as I can't keep tabs on things.

Cheers

Hi Dedrei

Thanks for the update on Visa timeline.

CHARM'S

Edited by CHARM'S

Have the forum admin considered changing the forum program to something like vBulletin. It is ten times better than the current one. I belong to www.myadsl.co.za and they use vBulletin.
Thank you for the suggestion Jordy, but I beg to differ. Invision PowerBoard is by far the most sophisticated forum available today. I have made an in-depth study of fora before deciding on this one for our three forums, and the technical excellence, and support far surpasses anything else. :unsure:

Thank you for the suggestion Jordy, but I beg to differ. Invision PowerBoard is by far the most sophisticated forum available today. I have made an in-depth study of fora before deciding on this one for our three forums, and the technical excellence, and support far surpasses anything else. ;)

Hi Hendie,

I also beg to differ. :lol: I think that the majority of forum owners would vote for VBulletin as the "Mercedes Benz" of forum softwares. What turns most people off is the cost of running it. When you look at how many modifications you're able to add to VBulletin, I think it leaves the rest of them for dust, and you have entire forums dedicated to their software, upgrades and support, such as VB.org.

I do like certin aspects of IPB, and I like the way SAAus is set out, but I think if you're talking actual capabilities, I think if you had to do a worldwide poll of the best of the best, the majority would go with VB.

Slightly off topic... I'll shut up now. :unsure:

Sorry, what does "Try re-subscribe to each main topic" mean? I am not receiving any email notification of people replying to my posts or of personal messages received anymore. I pick up personal messages when I open the forum website but have to check each topic for a reply. This is really frustrating. Please help!