Melbourne/Adelaide

Conrad

Hi to all on Forum,

I know I can ask Bob for all the answers to my questions, but decided to allow others the opportunity to give there first hand experience of landing in a Country where they are total strangers and to be able to give any info on what to expect.My two specific areas are Adelaide and Melbourne.

I would like to know in what month or season of the year would be beneficial to my LSD trip

Bob feel free to pass on all the info you have.

To all on the forum I bid you a good night.

Regards Conrad

Hi Conrad

For Melbourne, it is almost year round, just depends what you want to do. Summer months you can get extremely hot days, and winter months are OK as long as you do not spend too much time outside. If I was going to suggest some good months, it would probably be Mar/Apr and Sep/Oct/Nov, as these are also outside peak periods for travel.

Hi Conrad

I agree with Mara on Melbourne. The in-between seasons are the most pleasant, though you may still experience 4 seasons in one day!

HI Conrad,

Here's a link to a recent thread of someone else's LSD trip (Starfish) that included Adelaide. You should find a lot of info there.

Starfish's LSD trip

Cheers,

Dax

Edited by Dax

I would suggest the same months that mara did for Adelaide as well, although the winters here in Adelaide are better by all accounts than Melbourne's. Marius came over in February when he came and it was a good time. Also, don't come during school holidays if you have kids because thenyou won't be able to visit the schools in full swing (and unannounced, if possible!). February/March is probably also a "good" time in that it is the end of the summer and South Australia will look very brown and crisp. I think it's better to see the place you want to settle at its worst, rather than coming when it's gorgeous and green and then wondering what happened a few months' later :ilikeit:

Edited by Annette

School holidays are Christmas right thro to the end of January, so come afterwards for more accomodation and cheaper rates.

February is still summertime, but March tends to cool off a bit (down to 28 degrees max on average, instead of in 30s)

Let me know when you're planning on hitting the Adelaide scene.

Hi All

Thanks for info.As I will be going alone ,what is the cheaper means of accommodation and transport I can consider.

Have any of you had any positive response to a one on one interview while doing a LSD.I just a feel face to face meeting is more beneficial as they know who they are dealing with.While I`m on the subject,do they set a meeting with you in a short period of time or can one just go to a Company and ask to see the HRM.

Bob I will most definitely get in touch with you and look forward in spending time with you.

Please feel free to give any info on Adelaide as I have my hopes and dreams set on it

Thanks once again to all of you for your dedication and information o this forum.

Regards to all

Conrad

Hi Conrad

Melbourne

For accommodation, it depends, there are some excellent back packers establishments and they are certainly the cheapest. For hotels if you wait to within two weeks of your arrival you can go to www.needitnow.com.au where you can get discounted hotel accommodation.

For travel, it depends on where you want to go and what you want to see. If you stay within the city environs, you can use public transport, very efficient. If you wish to get out and about, then a hire car will be needed.

If you wish to make contact whilst you are in Melbourn, you are welcome.