New in the Forum.

Cairnslovers

Hi every body,

Just a little about us. Me and my family got here (Brisbane) on a 457 visa, but things didn’t work out so well between me and my employer. As you know, with a 457 visa you're only allowed to remain in Australia for 28 days after your sponsorship has been withdrawn.

I was then looking for a bigger company to sponsor me, but could not find anything within that time limit. I phoned my last hope, one great Family Business witch I still work for (7 months) now. They're very nice people and they still care about there fellow South Africans :(

Me and my family are living in Cairns and would love to make new friends.

Have yourselves a great day!!!

Hi every body,

Just a little about us. Me and my family got here (Brisbane) on a 457 visa, but things didn’t work out so well between me and my employer. As you know, with a 457 visa you're only allowed to remain in Australia for 28 days after your sponsorship has been withdrawn.

I was then looking for a bigger company to sponsor me, but could not find anything within that time limit. I phoned my last hope, one great Family Business witch I still work for (7 months) now. They're very nice people and they still care about there fellow South Africans :(

Me and my family are living in Cairns and would love to make new friends.

Have yourselves a great day!!!

Hi CL

Welcome hang in there and you will go from strength to strength .. your blessed to have had someone there for you when your first employer didnt work out so well.. Take Care in georgous QLD from a freezing cold Nor CAL usa

Hi CL

Welcome hang in there and you will go from strength to strength .. your blessed to have had someone there for you when your first employer didnt work out so well.. Take Care in georgous QLD from a freezing cold Nor CAL usa

Thank you. All the best to you too.

Dear Cairnlovers

My husband and I (with our 9 month old baby), are coming to Cairns on the 18 th January. Don't know what to expect, but I would love to meet up. Maybe get a few other SA-ns to join in.

Short history: My husband is a dentist and I worked as a dosimetrist in Radiotherapy. Lived in UK for appr. 9 years. Decided to move to Australia 18 months ago. Applied for skilled independent. My husband got a job in Cairns first and we decided thats the place for us then. While our "stuff" are shipped, we came to SA for holiday with family. Now we fly (at last) on Thursday via Sydney.

Glad to know we are not alone, looking forward to everything new that awaits us.

Regards

Bea

Hi Cairnslovers and Bea,

Welcome to the forum. Haven't been to Cairns yet but would love to go visit as we love the Tropics. We've been in Brisbane for the past year and a bit and are LOVING Australia.

I know you guys might feel strange in the begining, but hang in there, get a roadmap (Refadex) or a GPS and explore!! I promise within two to three weeks you'll feel right at home.

Good luck with the move, the best you've ever made!!

Lovies

N

Thank you all for the replys,

Yes, Cairns is a beautiful place. We love the Great Barrier Reef and Green Island. We have applied for our PR and are still waiting for our Acknoledgement Letter after two months. Is this normal???

Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will get hooked on this forum in now time!! :rolleyes:

Hi There

Welcome we are going to Rocky just below Cairns also love being near the coast after being a City Girl for sooooo long. Have a look at time lines to see how long others have had to wait.

Nicki