Greetings

Amy+Ant

Greetings from a very new member

I found this site on Facebook yesterday and have been absolutely glued to it since. You have some amazing information on here.

A little about us. My husband, Anthony, and I have lived in Hilton, just outside Pietermaritzburg, for more than 10 years and have both spent most of our lives in PMB. We have 2 children, a son of 12 and daughter of 9, and decided last year to consider emmigration to Australia. My brother-in-law married an Australian and they live in Melbourne with thier baby daughter so that was the natural choice with regards to where to live. My husband went to Melbourne for their wedding and loved it and has been trying to talk me into the move for 4 years. We started the process in September 2006 and in May 2007 Anthony's qualification was assessed successfully as an Accountant and we submitted our application for a visa 136 MODL in early June 2007. The glitch came came at the same time since we put our house on the market. We thought that a large property with some security issues in the area would probably take 18 months to sell and we would be ready to move at the end of 2008. Well we sold in 6 weeks and moved in the middle of September into a small rented house with two-thirds of our furniture in storage. We were hoping to hear about our visa soon but from the website it looks like May might be a more realistic time. Any advice that anyone can offer would be very welcome. We have already done our medicals (twice actually because the doctor mislaid the first lot) and police clearances and are hoping that once a case officer is assigned it will be quick.

Welcome, I hope it all happens soon for you....and believe me, Melbourne is great!

Hello and welcome

I hope all happens for you quickly, I am sure you will be very happy in the land down under

Nicki

Welcome to the forums. The site is growing in numbers everyday. Not only will you find advise but fellow sojourners too.

Hi

Thanks for all the good wishes. It has been an exciting but sometimes frustrating process but we are ready to go now and that in a way is even harder. We are working through an immigation consultancy who have been amazing. They managed to get Anthony's qualification certified as a accountant which gave us the necessary points to qualify for the visa but of course there can still be another problem if DIAC are unhappy with anything. It has been a hard road as I am leaving my whole extended family here but we have just spent 4 weeks in the UK and could see how wonderful living in a stable economy where everything works is, it makes such a difference. Rehoming all our animals was very emotional and was probably the hardest part so far. My husband is planning to go a couple of months before us so that he can find employment and we can then find schools and somewhere to live nearby. I would love to hear from others who have done it the same way or any other suggestions of how to proceed.

Regards

Amy

Hi Amy

Welcome to the forum. There should be another coffe club get together in Maritzburg in a few weeks time. There are 4 families from Maritzburg that we know o,f on the forum, busy with the process.

Cheers

J&j

Edited by J&j

Hi Amy,

Best of luck with everything!