cross en blackwell

pollie

:blush:hallo julle

cross en blackwell. :huh:

kry mens nie iets soos gelyk nie. :ilikeit: slaai is glad nie meer dieselfde nie

groete pollie :ilikeit:

I saw Crosse & Blackwell mayonnaise (the normal and the 50% light) at the South African shop in Joondalup (Perth). I agree - there is no mayonnaise to match it!

You can try Tommy Mayonnaise, its a Swiss Mayonnaise - which is Yummy.

Otherwise make you own - its quite simple.

:P

The closest I have found is to use Heinz Salad Cream!

cross en blackwell. :(

kry mens nie iets soos gelyk nie. :( slaai is glad nie meer dieselfde nie

groete pollie :(

Why not make your own.. much better and healthier can be done in a 600 watt blender

if enough interest I will post a receipe

Hi

Ek is vreeslik nuuskierig om jou resep te sien. Dan het ek n verskoning om n blender te koop.

Wendy

Hi

Ek is vreeslik nuuskierig om jou resep te sien. Dan het ek n verskoning om n blender te koop.

Wendy

Hi Wendy I will do one

Shars Exotic Mayo

Ingredients

2 eggs

125 ml olive oil

250 ml canola or vegetable oil

2 medium limes

TSP dill

salt and pepper to taste

1/4 tsp mustard powder

1/2 tsp wasabi powder ( available at most Asian supermarkets)

Method

Combine the eggs, dill, salt and pepper, mustard and wasabi powder into the Blender on speed mark 1, once combined slowly add the olive and vegetable oil and increase the power to speed mark 2 . The mayonnaise should form an emulsion and at this point put in the juice of the two medium limes on pulse for two or three turns .. spoon out of blender and enjoy

I do need to stress that you need a powerful motor so any blender like a Breville that has 600 watts should be able to do it

Thanks. I will let you know how it turns out.

Wendy

Edited by wendy

Thanks. I will let you know how it turns out.

Wendy

No worries

Hi Wendy I will do one

Shars Exotic Mayo

Ingredients

2 eggs

125 ml olive oil

250 ml canola or vegetable oil

2 medium limes

TSP dill

salt and pepper to taste

1/4 tsp mustard powder

1/2 tsp wasabi powder ( available at most Asian supermarkets)

Method

Combine the eggs, dill, salt and pepper, mustard and wasabi powder into the Blender on speed mark 1, once combined slowly add the olive and vegetable oil and increase the power to speed mark 2 . The mayonnaise should form an emulsion and at this point put in the juice of the two medium limes on pulse for two or three turns .. spoon out of blender and enjoy

I do need to stress that you need a powerful motor so any blender like a Breville that has 600 watts should be able to do it

hallo :ilikeit:

dankie vir die resep ek gaan dit ook uit toets.

hallo :ilikeit:

dankie vir die resep ek gaan dit ook uit toets.

Jy is baie welkom ek hoop dit werk uit en proe lekker

The closest I have found to Crosse and Blackwell mayo is Heinz Traditional Egg mayo. It only comes in a small 250g bottle and is quite expensive.

SAS

You could try Praise mayo, but do not bye the 97% less fat version, it's crap.

Guest Bronwyn

SW Mayonnaise in the blue and yellow glass bottle is not a bad alternative although it is a bit more expensive.

We have got to like it.

You can also add a little lemon juice to whatever you are making if it's not sharp enough (eg. Tuna).

Probeer Miracle Whip van Kraft. Dit werk nogal lekker, alhoewel 'n mens dit nie altyd op die rakke kry nie.

Check bietjie in die Asian shops, hulle het plastiek bottels mayo met so 'n cupie doll op, en dis gewoonlik geseel in 'n plastiek sakkie.

Dis soms ook maar duur, maar DIS nou lekker, lekkerder as C&B.

Crosse & Blackwell: Homemade uit Woolies.

Ek gebruik "Praise", Creamy Mayonnaise, die Traditional een en dan sit ek so paar skeppies "Light Sour Cream" by en dit smaak dieselfde as Crosse & Blackwell. As jy die room in sit proe maar tot jy die ware Jacob daarin kry.

My Suid Afrikaanse Aartappelslaai smaak nou weer dieselfde met die ou mengseltjie.

cross en blackwell. :)

kry mens nie iets soos gelyk nie. :huh: slaai is glad nie meer dieselfde nie

groete pollie B)

hallo julle almal :D

dankie vir al die raad :P ek het nou al die heinz mayonnaise probeer en dit is baie lekker self my man eet dit. B) ek gaan die ander ook probeer. B) dit is lekker om nuwe dinge uit te toets ;)

groete pollie

Check bietjie in die Asian shops, hulle het plastiek bottels mayo met so 'n cupie doll op, en dis gewoonlik geseel in 'n plastiek sakkie.

Ek het al die bottels gesien by Coles en gewonder watse sagte bottels die is met die poppie op!! Gaan wraggies probeer!!

Ek het al die bottels gesien by Coles en gewonder watse sagte bottels die is met die poppie op!! Gaan wraggies probeer!!

Jy sal nie spyt wees nie, Nilo. Jy moet my sien, ek maak al tot my eie sushi (en nee, ek sit nie rou vis in nie - dit is sushimi).

Dis sooo maklik, as julle wil sal ek 'n maklike reseppie post vir sushi.

Jy sal nie spyt wees nie, Nilo. Jy moet my sien, ek maak al tot my eie sushi (en nee, ek sit nie rou vis in nie - dit is sushimi).

Dis sooo maklik, as julle wil sal ek 'n maklike reseppie post vir sushi.

s'Bleif Kat San ~ kan ekke die mooi sushi resppie kry

Domo arigato Japanese vir Dankie

Shar

s'Bleif Kat San ~ kan ekke die mooi sushi resppie kry

3 cups of uncooked calrose rice (very short grain - sticky rice)

3 cups of water

½ cup of japanese rice vinegar

½ cup of sugar

1 teaspoon of Salt

Instructions for Sushi Rice:

Wash the rice and rinse thoroughly. Add 3 cups of water and cook until soft.

Mix together the rice vinegar, sugar and salt; cook over a medium heat until sugar has dissolved.

Put the cooked rice into a large mixing bowl; then pour the vinegar sauce over the hot rice and mix. Cool slightly (or completely).

Place seaweed on a bamboo mat (check Asian shops, looks like placemat) or on a clean dishcloth if you don't have one. Ensure shiny side is down and "lines" are diagonal. Spread rice mixture about 1cm thick on a seaweed sheet, add filling of choice (smoked chicken, vege strips, salmon, crab or crab sticks is nice). Can also be vegetarian. Leave last 2.5cm open. Moisten this bit with water or rice vinegar. Roll up with cloth or bamboo mat. PRESS DOWN FIRMLY to ensure the rice sticks properly. Leave to cool before cutting.

When you cut them, use a very sharp knife and moisten with water or vinegar to stop sticking. You can sprinkle the cut rounds with sushi sprinkles (Asian shop) or roasted sesame seeds.

This is really easier than it looks or sounds. And it tastes devine. Keep well in fridge for 2 days, depending on filling. If you cannot get the hang of rolling, put one sheet in a container of similar size, add rice, then filling, then rice, with another sheet on top. Cover with cloth and press down firmly. Cut in shapes.

Let me know how it turns out. Got this recipe and was shown by a Japanese lady who opened a shop in the mall we built (I am in project management).

• 10 months later...
Crosse & Blackwell: Homemade uit Woolies.

Ek gebruik "Praise", Creamy Mayonnaise, die Traditional een en dan sit ek so paar skeppies "Light Sour Cream" by en dit smaak dieselfde as Crosse & Blackwell. As jy die room in sit proe maar tot jy die ware Jacob daarin kry.

My Suid Afrikaanse Aartappelslaai smaak nou weer dieselfde met die ou mengseltjie.

Hi everyone

I read this thread in SA and now it was my turn to do the Cross and Blackwell thing.

I tried the Praise mayo with the light sour cream and we love it. My potatoe salad was great and I think it would have had my dad's approval. In his family potatoe salad is a big deal.