Anybody else having issues accessing the forum lately?

Dedrei

Question

Just wondering if anybody else is experiencing the same as me. I can't access the forum at all some days between 3pm-9pm Aus time. That would probably be morning to lunch time SA time.

Cheers

D

16 answers to this question

I didn't look at what time I was having problems, but I did have problems connecting at certain times yesterday, and I think the day before as well.

Also had problems yesterday morning Sa time from 8-12. Today no problems.

I could not log on from about 6:30pm to about 9:00pm.

Same here. Could only log on late last night.

Yesterday was terrible! Was having withdrawel symptoms and a mild panic attack!

Today also a bit slow.

I have had lots problems with server unavailable, contact administrator. Comes and goes. Sometimes a few hours, sometimes a few minutes.

Maybe the site has got so popular with the mass exodus that the server can't handle it. I truly hope that if the increased volumes means moving to a new host, that the site remains free.

Another thing I noticed is that I don't receive the email anymore when someone replies to a topic that I have subcribed to. Just weird. Will ask Hendie to look into this.

Hi Deidre

Yes I also could not log in at all for most of the day yesterday. Shew, it takes something like this to realise the addiction to the forum. I have not been getting the notification e-mails for many months now but hav not bothered to query it.

cheers

l

Hi daar,

Kon ook nie gister oggend inkom nie - jy begin amper panic en dink "Wat as die forum ge crash het en al die informasie is weg!!!!" Geen probleme voor gister nie.

Groete

Wimpie

Yes,

Couldn't log in yesterday as well and also had a mild panic attack! Not only panicked about the info, but the people and their stories! The forum was the final persuasion for us to immigrate. It is here that we've realised that we're not alone and that there is a emotional, physical, spiritual etc. support system in the form of all you guys!

Sonja

Hi D ( en die ander mense)

Het ook probleme EN is gewaarsku teen 'n Worm virus op Canada site. Sê tog seblief vir Hendie.

Sw

I believe that it may be a bug that ties in with one’s registered status. This was the second time that it happened to me, and at times cases Explorer informed me that: “The webpage is unavailable.” On both occasions I could not log into saaustralia & sacanada. However, I could log into sausa without problems. I’m registered on saaustralia and sacanada, but not on sausa.

I would suggest that we al run some thorough anti-virus or anti-spyware scans on our PC’s. Also check your registries and the top of the System32 folder in Windows for suspicious looking files.

Also, I alerted Mara & Hendie last week about a shonky website that provides ready-made (false) user names and passwords in order to access websites like sacanada & saaustralia without registering. This could be the source of some recent Trolls we had to endure on saaustralia.

Dax

Holy crap people. Don't know what is going on with SACanada, but I just logged in there, also registered on that side. And my Antivirus just when crazy. Trojan Horses, worms. You name it!

So stay away from SACanada for the moment. Will email Hendie ASAP.

Cheers

D