Another newbie on the forum

owenss

Hi all,

WOW this forum really knows how to make one feel comfortable. :ilikeit: I have been so impressed so far as to how much info is on here and realize ,only now, ho much I really didnt think of.I am sooo hooked it isnt funny .The kids keep saying ,"not again mom" and what do I say ..."Its our future I am looking into"

My hubby Chris and I decided to start the whole immigration process in Sept 2006 and had both of our skills assessed in Australia by Feb 2007.He is an excellent (I say this simply coz he is)Toolmaker and I am a radiographer and we have 2 beautiful kids,Melissa (nearly 13) and Luke(7),who can be a hand-ful at times...But when are kids not :ilikeit: They are both excited about the move, except for leaving there cousins and friends..

We went for our medicals on the 28 Dec 2007 and are still waiting for our PCC.I was most surprised that it has all gone this quick,as we only submitted our visa on the 24 July 2007.Now for the wait... Its surprising that when things start moving,you become quite anxious to go.I must add that it hasnt even sunk in that we are going to be leaving our loved ones behind and am a bit nervous as I know the reality is nearly here.

I suppose we all feel like this sometime or other.

My only concern ,is trying to co-ordinate time.Like when to put the house on the market,when to apply for a tax clearance,When and how to open a bank account in Oz.So many whens...Especially that I have no idea how long you have to activate your visa once it has been allocated.

Any way ,our time is coming close to do all of those things and I cant wait to get there.BRISBANE here we come HOORAY... :ilikeit:

Keep cool and hope to get to know a lot of you while on the forum

Eileen

Welcome!! We're in Brissie and after a year, and a visit to WA are very happy that this is where we landed!!

Good luck and vasbyt!

Ja jong, if/when your'e hooked, you hooked! Look at me, sitting here since 6 this morning.

Welcome!

Kannidood.

Especially that I have no idea how long you have to activate your visa once it has been allocated.

I will use an example, perhaps easier. Your PCC is dated 15 November 2007, your Medicals are dated 10 December 2007, your visa is granted on 25 January 2008, ..... because your PCC is the oldest, you will have until the 15 November 2008 to enter Australia to activiate your visa!

Hope I am correct, but I am sure somebody will shout if I am not.

Howzit,

Welcome to the family. I was hooked after my first post! My family also know where to find me when I'm not in the kitchen..... same excuse as well! :)

Check out the thread regarding the JHB coffee club. Would love to meet you all then!

Hi all,

Glad to know I am not the only hooked one.Tried to go on earlier and the server was down..I was devestated. I have even referred some others to the same site,I am sure things will be the same for them too. Funny story..When I was putting in a new topic and had to give a brief, I wrote "So much info,I am hooker" instead of hooked :( Then fortunately proceed to read what I wrote and Hubby and I both burst out laughing.What a good impression that would of set.

What is this COFFEE CLUB thing all about and when is it?

Hi Eileen

I am rapidly becoming hooked myself, but unfortunately, being a full time working mother of a 2 year old, I don't get to browse as much as I would like to.

I see you guys seem to have a similar timeline to us, and all the same worries to. I keep bugging my hubbie to get the house on the market as I fear that is what is going to hold us back, especially with all the interest rate hikes. I am itching to get out now, all this waiting is killing me, but I am sure it will all be worth it in the end.

I see you are heading to Brisbane. I think we will end up in Perth as we have friends there, but I am still drawn to Brisbane.

Rose

PS... I went to school in Boksburg. :ilikeit:

Hey Flash,

With all the flashing and hooking going on, I'm going to give you welcome at a good arms length :whome::ilikeit::lol::ilikeit:

Good to see that the forum is still growing and still helping people. Although I work fulltime as well, and have a family at home, my day isn't complete till I've had a quick look around to see if there are any questions that haven't been answered by others. I check in the morning, at lunch time, and generally again in the evening. And most weekends. OMG - I think I must be a hooker too :P

Cheers

Ajay

Well Ajay, I must confess, you are not as good a 'hooker' :whome: as what I am.....when I cannot sleep at night, I am checking the forum, :ilikeit: that is apart from morning, midday, and evening, mostly every day of the week.

I have a sneeky suspician my boss thinks all this yellow and green is my desktop background.....hehe! ;)

yellow and green is my background too..

owenss, welcome to the forum, and hope all goes well for you!

Have been reading the forum for a while now, am also a newbie, bit nervous to participate, but its so great to realise we have support out there. We already have a son living in Queensland with his wife and daughter, he has been there for 5 years and is blissfully happy. My husband has two brothers and a sister in Melbourne and Sydney, they been there for the last 20 years, and have never regretted the move, especially now with all the crime here in sa.

We have visited Aust twice and the last time my husband didnt want to come back to SA he loved it so much.

I have two other sons, both planning to make the move very soon, so the information on this forum is being absorbed by us all. soooo green and yellow is our colour too.... B)

Can anyone comment on the job situation for Primary School Teachers.

thanks to you all for sharing your experiences with us.

Pattie.

Hi Pattie,

Gee girl,dont be nervous to participate.This is the place we all need to add our 2c worth and of course get out a few A$ of info :ilikeit: .Welcome welcome.

Altough I am not a teacher ,from what I have heard and read,teachers are in great demand.I am sure there wont be any problems.

Our PCC's are finally ready ,so will picking them up from Pretoria tomorrow and then WHO KNOWS....it could be soon that our visas are granted..Our medicals arrived in Sydney on Monday.

Keep smiling everyone

Eileen