What can I take? Customs Info

Riekie

PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED GOODS

Drugs of dependence, for example, narcotics, hallucinogenic drugs, amphetamines, barbiturates, and tranquillisers must be declared to Customs (they should not be included in any shipment of household goods and personal effects). Goods such as dangerous weapons (including spring-bladed knives, daggers, swordsticks and knuckledusters), are prohibited. Firearms including air, gas, flame and starting pistols and spear guns are subject to import restrictions and will be subject to release on approval from the Police authorities. All firearms and ammunition imported in

CUSTOMS REGULATIONS to follow.....

Guest Ozzie Afrikaner

Hi Riekie,

What about natural medicines, such as vitamins, minerals, etc.? I couldn't find them on the quarantine website, so might you know? I've got someone who can bring me some herbal meds from my iridologist, so curious if customs will give them hassles or not.

Thanks.

If it has been "dispensed" by 'n homeopath - by that meaning it is in tablet form in a proper container with a label etc and not a bunch of green stuff in a bag. I've been to an iridologist once myself and he gave me a bag full of leaves to make tea from and drink. (Could never get that down my throat and the R150 worth of leaves ended up in the bin)! If it is anything like that, you can not bring it in - sorry! What you maybe CAN do is get the combination/mix of what you need to take from the iridologist and when you get here, go to one and ask for that combination of natural medicines? Alternatively, have it vacuum packed, properly labeled (and with a note on a letterhead from your iridologist) and take it with you on the plane - declare it at customs here and maybe they will let you take it in..... Spices are not allowed in the containers, but I brought mine in with my luggage and they allowed it. You never know.

Guest Ozzie Afrikaner

Thanks Riekie,

Yes it's dispensed in a bottle with label on and all (including description of contents) so we'll give it a shot and see what happens!

Edited by Ozzie Afrikaner