Howzit

Guest Hopefull

Guest Hopefull

Hello all fellow forum users!!

I am Mike, my family and I (wife and two monsters ... err ... I mean lovely boys :P ) are busy with the migration process, to get permanent residence! I understand that this can take a VERY long time to be processed ... but like my name says ... we are "Hopefull" (one "L" was taken :D:whome: I also wanted my usual forum name (WHATEVER) but that too was taken ... :( )

SO now I have been reading the forum yesterday, while i waited for my account to be approved, and one thing that I did notice was that perhaps I need to get my CV Aussie-ised. Is there anyone who can help? Then I am going to get it out in the Aus market, as I really dont want to stay in "Sunny SA" any longer that I have to. So if there is also anyone who can help with IT jobs ... then too, I would be eternally greatful!!

OK ... business over ... about us ...

Me, Mike ... husband and father. Business owner and general dogs body. Married to Tess (full name Montesse) for 7 fantastic years on the 13th Jan!! We have two boys, Mikey (name Michael) who just turned 8 on the 4th of Jan and Mattie (err ... yes Matthew :blink: ) who turned 5 in October. Mikey races quads in the SA QuadMX series and finished 1st in the 50cc CVT support class in 07. This year he is racing Nationals ... until we leave :lol: (VERY proud of my likke oke!!)

Well that is us ... thanks for such a fantastic place ... I am sure the wife will be on here soon too ... just to get info etc.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Regards,

Mike

Welcome Mike!

You have come to the right place.

We're also going to apply for PR, but it will take a bit longer for us (my hubby first wants to do his MBA next year), so we're applying in Jan next year.

PR visas seem to take a little while to get processed, Deidre has a website where you can check out everyone's time lines to give you a general idea how long it takes. You can have a look by clicking here

I'm not sure about the IT jobs, as we haven't really started looking (hubby is also in IT), but we've browsed some aussie job sites to get some ideas. We just typed it into

google

It sounds like you have a wonderful family. Best of luck with the whole migration process!

And enjoy the forum! :whome:

Michele

Welcome Mike and family. Hope your PR goes fast!!! And you get a IT job quikely!! Apply apply apply thats the advise I always give!! The right job's out there!!

Guest Hopefull

Hi Michele,

Good luck with the MBA ... :)

Hope all goes to plan!!

Thanks for the kind words!

I have already been on Dedrei's site ... I am just waiting for some more information from my mirgation agent, then I will fill out the form and submit!! :)

Thanks again!

Hi and welcome!

We applied for our PR visa in September. We are crossing fingers that we receive a favourable outcome by the end of this winter... its a loooong wait.

There are loads of jobs out there - especially in IT, but if you are just beginning you PR application, you have a lot of time to find something. I am not sure how getting a job will speed up the process, unless you apply for a working visa at the same time - just be careful if you do this though as the last visa issued will superceed the former. So if your PR visa comes through first and then the work one, the PR one is superceeded which will be a huge disaster.

I don't know if they have IT stuff, but try going to:

www.seek.com.au

for jobs.

Good luck!

Gizmo (Michelle)

Edited by Gizmo

unless you apply for a working visa at the same time - just be careful if you do this though as the last visa issued will superceed the former. So if your PR visa comes through first and then the work one, the PR one is superceeded which will be a huge disaster.

Howzit,

Giz, please explain.

We are applying for PR - which we understand takes 54 weeks - but might need to go before it is approved and change to a 457. How disasterous is it?

Guest Hopefull

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the information and comments ... much appreciated!!

I am on www.seek.com.au ... looking for jobs. I just would like for someone to go over my CV and "Australianise" it for me ... and takers <_<:):D ?

I am going to apply for whatever I can get ... I will get a work permit (457 Visa) just to I can get to Aus quicker!! That is really the only reason! I am going through an agent, and she will do both my PR and 457 visa's. I will however, just make a comment to her about visas' superseding each other ... Like they say ... fore warned is fore armed!!

Thanks!!

Mike

I was told by my agent that the process time is between 12 and 18 months ... I just cant wait here that long.

(Sorry ... forgot to say that in the last post :D )

So anyone know anyone looking for an IT oke ... please let me know :) :)

Howzit,

Giz, please explain.

We are applying for PR - which we understand takes 54 weeks - but might need to go before it is approved and change to a 457. How disasterous is it?

I am referring to people who apply for two visas at the same time. PR takes a long time, so some people apply for a 457 at the same time so that they can get to Aus quicker. This is a good idea (but costs a packet), the only downside is that there is a slight risk... 457 visas usually take about 3 months at the most, and the PR visa (the paper one) takes about 10 months, but there have been exceptions. There are one or two people wh waited almost a year for their 457 an one or two people who got their PR visas (online) in about 3 months!!! The way I understand the rules, the last visa you are issued with is the valid one - the other one becomes null and void. So, imagine your PR visa comes through first! :whome: That will mean that your PR status will be removed once your 457 is aproved!!! :lol::) Then you have to apply for your PR visa all over again! :P

We considered going the route of two visas, but only recently - since we applied for our PR visa in September already, I am nervous to apply for a 457 now just in case it comes through after the PR visa. Yes, that would be a huge disaster! ;)

Howzit,

Thanks Gizmo. We decided not to apply for 457 in the meantime. Our agent advised that the extra costs is between $1500-$2000! Let's hope we don't need to go earlier before PR is appoved.

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread. :)