Greetings from a New Member

Aus457

My husband has just been offered a job in Melbourne. Going over on a 457 via - So Excited!

Would love to get in touch with people in similar a situation for advise and general support.

Chat soon

Aus457

Welcome,

There are quite a few people going over on a 457, you will find a wealth of info as well as support from this forum!

Rishka

There are also lots of us already in Melbourne, so if you have any questions, throw them our way!

Thank you Clan Rogers Mara & Johnsons for the warm welcome!

Our house is currently on the market and is my biggest headache at this stage... Being a buyers marketing at the moment we are sure not to get the price we want.

Our Sponsor is on holiday until end of Jan - Hopefully the ball will start rolling upon his return.

Will keep you all up to date

Hi there, I see you're from Natal, so I'll stick to English... ;)

Welcome on the forum, you'll find lots of information here, and also lots of people going over on 457 Visa's. :)

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the forum! We are all happy to help with anything, so just shout!!!

Elize

Welcome Aus457,

Congrats. You are about to start a brand new life. Take plenty photographs. You will forever remember all thats happening in you life now. Our warmest wishes for a bright future.

Hi Aus457.

I am in the same boat, we're heading for Adelaide (tho it's a Melbourne based company). Been nudging my sponsor along all of this week, trying to see if they've had any feedback at ALL so far (it's been almost two months since I was over for interviews). Man, this waiting is frustrating! :)

Hopefully, for your sake, yours is done more quickly! ;)

wislon

Will see you in Adelaide soon Wislon!

Hi Aus457

We stay in Melbourne. My husband came over with a 457 in August 2007 and I followed in November 2007.

At the moment we are waiting for a decision on Permanent Residency. :whome:

You're welcome to ask questions or to contact me once you're here. I'll PM my contact details.

Strongs!

Dorien

My husband has just been offered a job in Melbourne. Going over on a 457 via - So Excited!

Would love to get in touch with people in similar a situation for advise and general support.

Chat soon

Aus457

We are also going on the 457 been a long haul but application at DIAC await reply.

A lot of us in the same boat.

Good luck

Hi there, I see you're from Natal, so I'll stick to English... :blink:

Welcome on the forum, you'll find lots of information here, and also lots of people going over on 457 Visa's. :whome:

Hi

Can you give some advise on how long it took for a reply from DIAC after they rec the medicals

Rgds

Edited by CHARM'S

Dorien

What is involved in converting from 457 to PR?

Tks

A LOT of money :blush:

and:

IELTS tests

Medicals and X-rays

Assessment of Qualifications

Translation of documents, if necessary

Character Assessment

You need a lot of documents: :)

FULL birth certificates

FULL marriage certificates

Academic Records

Reference Letters from ALL the companies you’ve worked for (main applicant)

Police Clearances from ALL the countries where you’ve stayed for longer than 12 months

(in our case it was South Africa, Germany, Australia)

I’ll make a summary of the costs and timeline and post it on the forum.

You are welcome to PM me.

We lodged the application online and did everything ourselves.

So far so good. :)

Edited by Doortjie

Hi Aus457,

I have also been offered a job in Melbourne and will be going on a 457 visa.

Shout if you want any info - we are currently waiting for confirmation.

Nats

Hi Nats,

I see you did a LSD trip - WAs it worth it... What have I missed out on?

Hi Aus 457 and every one that make use of this forum.

We are also in the fortunate position in that we will be going to Australia shortly .I managed to secure a position in Kalgoorlie Western Australia with a company called Westrac <_<:) .We will also go on a 457 Visa and if I can help let me know

Regards

Danie ,Ina and kids

• 1 month later...

Chat soon

Aus457

Hi.. same happened to us.. I've also been offered 457. Just started the process...

scary as it takes so long.. have you sold our house yet? Ours just put into the market.

Thanks

PS: How did you manage to get your Birth Certificates or Marriage Certificates so quickly?

Edited by Dutchman

Hi Dutchman, Sorry, but you saw what happened to Guys with SA Passports wanting to visit Britain. No, it will take about 6 weeks. Even the Police Clarance Certificate can take ages. Inside jobs not really the answer ... maybe because I don't know any.

Nats123, Aus457 ...We are also in Melbourne on a 457 and landed on 27 January 2008. Good luck. Hope to see you soon. :ilikeit:

Edited by Olie