Hello

CraigAndMel

Hi guys.

Just a quick introduction from a future Aussie dweller. We moved the Scotland and lived there for 7 years. While there, in around 2003, we started our application for a PR Visa for Australia, and after loads of paper work, battling with PCC from SA, UK and Portugal (my wife), birth certificates from loads of places (long story) and RPLs for my work, we finally got the visa grant letter mid last year.

We moved back to South Africa in July, after I got a good job offer here in Cape Town. It's a 2 year stay, but that may shorten quite a bit, depending on a) how we feel about SA, and :holy: a job offer in Australia.

We got our passports stamped in Pretoria just before Christmas, and are booked to do our initial entry into Australia on the 7th of March 08. We're just going for a week (Yes, I know.. short time) to stay with a family member in Sydney.

We have loads of questions, and hopefully some answers. We also have loads of technicalities we need to work on. We have a golden retriever dog. We got him when he was born, so he's as much a family member as anyone. We brought him from the UK (R28,000!!) and want to take him to Australia (R35,000!!!!! Damn Quarantine!!!). We also shipped our car from the UK, but won't take it to Aus.. It's just that the SA built version of my car is so poorly built here.. (Said by VW.. South Africa!!)

So, there you go. Hope someone can answer questions when I do post, and maybe I can help other people.

Regards,

Craig (33), Melanie (30) and Jennifer (2) and Brodie (Dog - 4) and Unknown (Unborn baby due June).

Howdy mate, and a big welcome.. Settle in grab a cup of Java, and get ready for a very informative ride..

This must be the best forum I have encountered.. the people, as you will get to know have a wide range of knowledge, and should be able to answer every question you can throw at them..

good luck Cralis family and have loads of fun on this adventure that we are all taking.

Cheers for now

Scott

Hi guys.

Just a quick introduction from a future Aussie dweller. We moved the Scotland and lived there for 7 years. While there, in around 2003, we started our application for a PR Visa for Australia, and after loads of paper work, battling with PCC from SA, UK and Portugal (my wife), birth certificates from loads of places (long story) and RPLs for my work, we finally got the visa grant letter mid last year.

We moved back to South Africa in July, after I got a good job offer here in Cape Town. It's a 2 year stay, but that may shorten quite a bit, depending on a) how we feel about SA, and :ilikeit: a job offer in Australia.

We got our passports stamped in Pretoria just before Christmas, and are booked to do our initial entry into Australia on the 7th of March 08. We're just going for a week (Yes, I know.. short time) to stay with a family member in Sydney.

We have loads of questions, and hopefully some answers. We also have loads of technicalities we need to work on. We have a golden retriever dog. We got him when he was born, so he's as much a family member as anyone. We brought him from the UK (R28,000!!) and want to take him to Australia (R35,000!!!!! Damn Quarantine!!!). We also shipped our car from the UK, but won't take it to Aus.. It's just that the SA built version of my car is so poorly built here.. (Said by VW.. South Africa!!)

So, there you go. Hope someone can answer questions when I do post, and maybe I can help other people.

Regards,

Craig (33), Melanie (30) and Jennifer (2) and Brodie (Dog - 4) and Unknown (Unborn baby due June).

Hi,

We relocated from Cape Town to Adelaide in June 2007.

We have 4 children.

We've been here now 7 months.

We came over on a 457 visa.

There will always be a few ups & downs, but I never look back .

I am so glad we made the move !!! :ilikeit:

Hi Craig and family

A very warm welcome to the forum - hope you find all the info that you need here and more.

cheers

celeste

Hi Folks, Welcome aboard the best forum around

Nicki

Thanks guys. Reading quite a bit of your guys thoughts. Really excited to make our move. But right now, it's only in 18 months. Wish it was sooner, but with my wife being due our 2nd in June, we'd like to have a year after that before we move...

But excited! If a job offer came early, I'd probably take it...

Looking forward to the trip over in March though!