Where do I belong ?

Bots

Hi to everyone.

First and foremost thank you to all the good people who are willing to spend there precious time to share so much of information which we all benefit. We have been "lurking" this site for a long time and benefited tremendously. This forum has become part of our everyday life now. My wife spends at least an hour or two on this forum. Some of the members have become so familiar that part of our conversation includes “Nilo says that”, and “Springbok said that”.

Me and my wife are originally from Sri Lanka, and lived in Botswana for the past 10 years. We are blessed with two naughty boys who were born on Botswana (5 and 7 years now). We got the PR in early 2005 and did LSD the same year. We have been postponing the eventual migration all this time as we do live a rather comfortable life. But as we all know Africa on the long term is not going to be all that good and specially for the children’s sake we feel the time is right and hoping to move to down under in December 2008.

One might wonder why a Sri Lankan is joining this forum which discusses topics related to South African / Australians. Our good part of our lives (over 10 years) has been in Africa and we have lived camped and worked mostly with the Africans (rather Afrikaans). In some way are very attached to Africa (I am sure most of you are too), and we have we good friends fond memories which we will cherish forever.

Now everybody get ready for all the questions that we need answers. :ilikeit:

Welcome! I'm sure you'll get answers to all your questions here! And yes, even though Botswana is relatively stable, I think it's only a matter of time before trouble from Zimbabwe and in future South Africa spill over into Botswana.

Welcome to the forum.

Fire away with the questions. There are many people able to answer them, especially Nilo and Springbok! :)

Have a good lamb curry recipe?? :ilikeit:

Nilo says WELCOME!!

Yep like Milo says fire away, this is what we're here for, to help as much as we can, and give advise thru our personal experiences.

Good luck

Nilo

It's sad when you feel the time is ready for another shift, after having spent ten years of your life in a land where your kids have been brought up and all they know.

At least you'll not be a newcomer to change in your life and will have done this all before.

Hi there and welcome!

I have heard the Botswana is an amazing country to live in - no wonder you have been putting off your immigration plans to Aus! :blush:

Welcome Bots!

Ask away, and those of us who can help will help, and those of us who don't know the answers will thank you for asking the questions!

Best of luck with the immigration plans!

Michele

Welcome to the Bots family! :)

Fire away with the questions. That's what we're here for! :huh:

Have you decided where in Australia you are heading?

Good luck with everything

Annette

PS: Our South African good shop here in Adelaide is run by a Sri-Lankan family who lived in Natal for ages :)