Schools in Adelaide

coco

Hi everyone,

Arrived about 6 weeks ago. Moving to Northgate in Adelaide within the next few days and I am looking for a school for my 8 year old son which I homeschooled for 1 1/2 years because we were staying in Saudi Arabia for the past nearly 3 years. So first time "mommy having a child going to school" and nervous and worried like you dont want to know.

Looked at Gilles Plains and Cedar college but need some help.

Please please please................!

The best would be to search on www.ais.sa.edu.au (for independent schools in SA) or www.decs.sa.gov.au (for public schools). I live in NSW, so I cannot be of any more help - sorry! In NSW, public schools are zoned - don't know if it is the same for SA - so it might be better to know where you will live before you start searching for a public school. (One area might have 2 or more schools and living on one side of a street could put you in another zone). Independent schools usually have other criteria and you have to apply to enrol, but you don't have to live in their zone to attend. Hope this helps a bit...

Coco, the primary schools here tend to be more flexible, whereas the high schools are often very strict as to their zoning - especially the good state schools.

Here's a link to the state schools in that area:

http://www.decs.sa.gov.au/custserve/pages/...t/yr8enrolinfo/

Sorry I can't help more, we live quite far from there and have only been here a few months. Try the Adelaidebrits website. If you post a question on there, there might be someone who can advise...

Adelaidebrits

Good luck! :ilikeit: and welcome to Adelaide !