Queensland Girl: Hallo from the Gold Coast of Australia

Queensland Girl

So happy to have a new forum where I know that the unkind behaviour in the other forum will not be repeated

Sweating it out in Queensland at the moment.

I perpetually have the "Queensland Glow"

Serileen-Vasbyt-its almost March!

Waiting to hear from all our old posters.

Hey girl

Glad to see you here. Great site hey? So loving it here. :rolleyes:

No we just need to let the world know about this wonderful place!

So What happens in March...we came here in June and we still suffered ...you reckon we have climatised by now

Hi Queensland Girl! I'm so glad to see you here! Missed your posts on "the other side"...... Hope to see you around a lot!

Hi Queensland Girl! I'm so glad to see you here! Missed your posts on "the other side"...... Hope to see you around a lot!

Hi there

Is there anything that you can tell me about Rockhampton and Yeppoon?

On the net Yeppoon looks like a nice place to settle,nice and quite but to far from Rockhampton to drive in and out every day.

Thanks

Willem :blink:

So What happens in March...we came here in June and we still suffered ...you reckon we have climatised by now

Serileen-Maybe Mackay is different , but this crazy humidity goes. My hair stops curling and I am not always wet when I spend times outside. I also put off the airconditioner.

I see you come from the Westcoast of SA so this humidity thing must be an absolute killer for you.

I do believe that you will be more acclimatised this year ,and you might experience this June completely differently.

Our second year we were so excited because "it is not as hot as last year" where in fact the temps and humidity were exactly the same-we were just handling it better.

I know you have been struggling in Mackay-is it the place or do you think it would have happened no matter where you were in Ozz.

Do you have to stay there permanently?My best friends Dad has a huge company in Mackay and he is now so desperate to find Diesel Fitters that he is advertising in South Africa!

Hi there

Is there anything that you can tell me about Rockhampton and Yeppoon?

On the net Yeppoon looks like a nice place to settle,nice and quite but to far from Rockhampton to drive in and out every day.

Thanks

Willem :blink:

Weet so min van Rockie af Willem.Ek het n e-mail aan dame gestuur wat in Rockie woon en hoop dat sy op die forum sal kom post.

Hou maar dop.

So glad you are back! Couldent do the "other side"anymore

Hi Queensland Girl

Ok now I am with you , maybe things will get better weatherwise ....at the moment the aircons and fans are going 24/7 so yea Willem ceiling fans alone are not enough.

Mackay in general is not a bad place for the type of work I did in South Africa . Quality Assurance a big city would be better...not many opportunities here. There are lots of South Africans coming here , I notice in the Shopping centre.

The thing that got to me the most was the people not reaching out and not having friends .I love having people around me and I think that made things worse.

At the moment the packing is keeping me busy cause we moving house and I take it day by day. :blink:

Edited by serileen

HI Serileen, QLD Girl :blink:

Yes the weather is no better in Brisbane :P , an aircon or 2 is an absolute necessity for sure. Are you moving into your own house Serileen or renting? We are in the process of building 2 houses, one we want to resell and the other to live in. I can't wait to be in our own place again, almost a year of renting has been just about enough tyvm :P

I can totally relate to how you feel about people not reaching out Serileen. I have the same problem and after almost a year here I still havent really made any real friends yet. I was hoping to meet some South Africans through the forums but so far I haven't met any from around here, but I live in hope :D

Have a great day :D

Julie

Hi Jules

How lucky are you to be building you own house....will probably do the same when we get PR.

I HATE RENTING ,you can't do the personal touch thing you know!

Not much of an option though , moving to a new place on Thursday so doing the packing thing .i have met Zana from the forum , they are visiting Mackay and I hope to see her again before she leaves .So if you ever decide to visit drop me a line.

Cheers :D