Adelaide - where to stay when arriving

shorty

My family and I are immigrating to Adelaide and are due to arrive by end of the year. We have been told there are good and bad areas/suburbs to stay in - any suggestions where NOT to stay when we arrive. Probably will stay around Adelaide airport area.

Hi Shorty

Good question, I would like to know the same thing. Is there anyone who can help us.

Shane

Hi Shorty

Forgive me, I have just added Adelaide to your topic heading, thought it may make it easier for you to get a reply.

Unfortunately I am in Melbourne, but I am sure very soon somebody from Adelaide will give you an answer to your question.

Shorty, did you see my other reply to Shane about the On Arrical Accommodation?

If you're looking for accommodation around the airport, would this be short term or in the longer term? It can be quite noisy with all the planes taking off and landing. I haven't really been here long enough to be able to tell you immediately what areas to avoid and I'm the type of person who doesn't find it easy to see negatives anyway. I go to that area quite a bit and all the cheap factory outlets and second hand stores seem to be in Mile Fulham Gardens is nice, but quite expensive and West Lakes is nice as well and not too far from the airport. Glenelg is right by the airport and there are some very nice places there, but expensive again.

The only really bad areas I know about are some areas of Elizabeth and Places like Noarlunga Downs or Christie Downs, but none of those are near the airport.

The following is a community profile of that general area around the airport. It contains the data collected in the previous census. You can look at all the different suburbs and if you look into things like weekly income, level of education etc. , you might me able to "read between the lines". :ilikeit:

City of West Torrens community profile