Buthcer/Meat tradesman looking for sponsorship

strawberry

We are in the process of migratng to Australia.

Our house is sold and we don't want to dip into these funds.

Thus we would like to move over immediatley to Australia.But cannot do so without temprorary work visas.

But it is a vicious circle, as one needs a job in order to get the visa...and no one is recruting without the visa!!!

So where pray tell can we look for employers willing to sponsor either one of us in>

Occupations:Butcher and Bookkeeper to balance sheet

Thanks

Hi Strawberry

I am guessing that the easiest one to get a job for would be hubby, whom I presume is the butcher.

If you go to www.careerone.com.au or www.seek.com.au and do a search for butchers, then email them. I know they tell you that you must have residence, but often they do not get the response that they thought they would and then they may just make contact with you. All you need is one to do so. Try and chose the ads that you reply to by trying to see whether you are replying to a company or an employment agency. You will probably not have much luck if it is an employment agency, but with a company you never know.

Hi Strawberry

I am guessing that the easiest one to get a job for would be hubby, whom I presume is the butcher.

If you go to www.careerone.com.au or www.seek.com.au and do a search for butchers, then email them. I know they tell you that you must have residence, but often they do not get the response that they thought they would and then they may just make contact with you. All you need is one to do so. Try and chose the ads that you reply to by trying to see whether you are replying to a company or an employment agency. You will probably not have much luck if it is an employment agency, but with a company you never know.

Thanks Mara....

I think I have sent over 1000 APPs todate....but I think maybe I also need to call them...as on careerone its the companies themselves , but one always needs to call...

How r you enjoying life in Melbourne?

How long have u been there?

Hi again Strawberry

Shoe, you must have writer's cramp by now from all those applications. Sorry that I just told you to do what you had already done. The problem is that a person never knows how far the other person has already investigated. So, please accept my apologies.

You are quite right, who knows, a telephone call may just help, expensive, but it may be money well spent.

We love Melbourne, we have been here nine years now.

Good luck with your searching.

Guest colton

Hi Strawberry,

Don't give up! As Mara has said apply even if they say visa needed. We are also waiting for our visas but have been applying for jobs online already. We have had so many interested comebacks that we have had to stop applying. :rolleyes: Of course it does depend on your skill, hubby is a High Voltage Engineering Technician, and his skill is high in demand.

My point is though, keep applying you will get some one who needs you. We have found that the people who seem to be very efficient with making definite commitments are the bigger recruitment companies like Hudson. In your position though I would agree with Mara that maybe the direct company route will be better, as a blockman it has alot to do with personal relationships. My dad was a blockman so I know, it's all about selling yourself so people will keep returning to you for something they can get anywhere.

I know how you feel, getting a little desperate and wondering if things are going to turn out okay. You need to have a positive attitude and realize that when the time is right the opportunity will come along, you just need to be ready to grab it! :rolleyes:

Good luck

Hi Strawberry!

Don't forget to look at opportunities in the regional areas of Australia as well, it is sometimes easier than getting into the cities. I know that the Goldfields Esperance Development Commision (GEDC) is currently urging businesses to fill their skills shortages by recruiting overseas. DIMA has also been here to show their support for the this avenue.

In the end, just keep going, it may be that your 2000th application will be the lucky one. Try searching for companies on the internet, and see who their HR person is, and send your info to them. Just keep trying!

Regards,

Dreamy

I am only just starting to understand the frustrations you have experienced Strawberry...

There are LOTS of jobs advertised for my dh's skills, but most request a visa in advance. But we send out anyway... and keep getting the message, "we love to hire you.... call us when you have your visa" and we don't have enough points to get a visa on our own.....

• 2 months later...
I am only just starting to understand the frustrations you have experienced Strawberry...

There are LOTS of jobs advertised for my dh's skills, but most request a visa in advance. But we send out anyway... and keep getting the message, "we love to hire you.... call us when you have your visa" and we don't have enough points to get a visa on our own.....

Hello Strawberry, I own a butcher shop in Bundaberg Queensland and I have been looking for a skilled South African Tradesman who can make biltong wors etc. Possibility of a business partnership to the right person. Willing to sponsor. contact me at mybutcha@bigpond.net.au

Cheers, Roy Simpkin

Hello Strawberry, I own a butcher shop in Bundaberg Queensland and I have been looking for a skilled South African Tradesman who can make biltong wors etc. Possibility of a business partnership to the right person. Willing to sponsor. contact me at mybutcha@bigpond.net.au

Cheers, Roy Simpkin

Hello Roy....

Thank you so much for this email....:ilikeit:

My hubby is your typical South African Butcher...

He can make boerewors, droe wors , biltong etc etc....

I have sent a mail to you not sure if it got through.

Here is my email as well... tashf@absamail.co.za

Regards

Tash