Bond Rates

Guest colton

Guest colton

What is the current bond rate in Australia? Is it different state to state? I am interested in the Queensland or New South Wales bond rates. We are trying to get together a rough estimate of what we can afford to buy for our meagre rand. I suppose you get different rates at different banks as well but if someone could give me some idea of what we are looking at it would be great.

Thanks

Guest colton

Thanks the site was a great help. It is just a little depressing :rolleyes: when you see how little you get back when you convert. Well at least we have SOMETHING to start with again. :rolleyes:

Thanks again

Thanks the site was a great help. It is just a little depressing :whome: when you see how little you get back when you convert. Well at least we have SOMETHING to start with again. :ilikeit:

Thanks again

i got about R500k out of my house in SA that I just sold. That's about $100k. We can, at this stage with my wife not working yet due to baby, afford an average face brick and tile 3 bed, 2 bath, study, double carport, single garage, kitchen needs a redo but all the rest is good.outdoor ent area up on a hill with reserve around and distant lake views, in quite a good area, and say 10-15 mins to the beach (we'll be the only plebs in the street if we get the house) It's going for $349k and we going to offer $320k next week.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Colton,

Here is an excellent site for all types of money research especially comparing interest rates between cpy's. http://www.cannex.com.au/

The area of mortgage lending is quite different to SA in some ways. For one there are a myriad of options and rates depending on your needs - very daunting and frustrating in the beginning to sort through all the options and choices. When comparing interest rates between institutions look for the "comparison rate" it should be quoted. That is the "real" interest rate when taking into account fees and charges and other things they don't tell you so clearly when you are shopping around.

Also a note on a difference in terminology - a "bond" over here refers to a deposit you put down when you are wanting to rent a house/property - It'll save you some confusing looks and questions, use mortgage or home loan and you'd be fine.

Mortgage BUG

Also a note on a difference in terminology - a "bond" over here refers to a deposit you put down when you are wanting to rent a house/property - It'll save you some confusing looks and questions, use mortgage or home loan and you'd be fine.

Also, don't talk about paying via a “stop order” - they will think you want to stop payment of a cheque, or maybe that you want to sell some shares if the price drops to a certain point.

Yip and watch out for the RSA saying of: "I'll do it just now" - here it means right now - to us it means, sort of later - don't bug me right now!

It make for interesting misunderstandings!

Just now BUG