Hot offer - 5GB mobile broadband for $39 per month

Springbok

http://www.vodafone.com.au/Business/Busine...dband/index.htm

The USB modem is free and the contract is for 24 months.

Early Exit Fee of $25 x months left on the 24 month contract applies if not connected for 24 months.

Basically this works out to $0.0076 per MB - this is DIRT cheap!

Note that Vodafone only accepts the following forms of identification:

- Australian Passport

- Current Australian Driver's Licence

- Proof of Age Card.

And you must be an Australian permanent resident to order.

Charl,

thanks for the tip, mate.

My daughter could do with a wireless broadband card in her laptop. . . . . and at this rate, it's affordable.

It seems Vodafone have thrown down the gaunlet to the other providers to match their price or loose custom.

This is good news all round as we'll all get cheaper mobile broadband as a flow-on result.

I use a Telstra wireless modem with my home PC, so wonder when the prices start to tumble.

With Telstra, you pay $114.95 for 3GB, compared to Vodafone's $39 for 5GB. This means that for every $1 spent through Vodafone, you'll get 131MB data, but only 27MB through Telstra! So Vodafone gives you 4.85x more bang for the buck...

Only a financial advisor would have a calculator and bring it down to a factor of two decimal points! :lol:

ITs a great offer but unfortunately wont work for us. We live just outside the major exchange and the 3G coverage area.

"When you venture outside 3G broadband areas, you'll be switched seamlessly onto our GPRS network and you'll only be charged one rate. "

And browsing at GPRS (near dial-up) prices and speeds wont work.

But its a great offer and I commend vodafone.

Also check out virgin broadband's amazing offer.

http://www.virginbroadband.com.au/wireless...nd-at-home.aspx

Kind of grinds it in as to how expensive telecommunications is here in SA. Poison Ivy and her cronies really irritate me with their empire building.

I was able to phone SA (during peak time) using SkypeOut from Oz at a rate of AU$0.08/minute, and an SA cellphone at AU$0.30-odd/minute. Calls were perfectly crystal clear.

No wonder less than half a million of the 48-odd million people in this country can afford Telkom's definition of "broadband".