Temporary Accommodation in Brisbane

Pippa

Hi Everyone,

After my 3 month update post, I’ve received a lot of PM’s from members enquiring about furnished temporary accommodation in Brisbane.

I’ve spoken to a South African lady on Tuesday and she told me that a lot of South Africans stay in Poinciana Park. On my way back from her house, I drove past and it looks nice :ilikeit: , but can’t guarantee anything :ilikeit: .

Apparently they are very reasonable with long-term rentals. For more information, have a look at Poinciana Park.

Good luck!

Lovies, Pippa! X

Pippa, dit lyk baie oulik jongie!! Dankie vir die research! Wonder hoeveel kos dit per week?

Pippa, dit lyk baie oulik jongie!! Dankie vir die research! Wonder hoeveel kos dit per week?

IT looks frightfully expensive

Nilo if you look at the bottom of the web page for the place you will see the prices

Oops, just looked again! Yep, as you say "frightfully expensive" but it's so lovely!!! And convenient and close to town and I wish I needed to go stay there!

Oops, just looked again! Yep, as you say "frightfully expensive" but it's so lovely!!! And convenient and close to town and I wish I needed to go stay there!

would be nice wouldnt in summer instead of freezing you proverbial off in winter mind you I may have a opportunity in the not to distant future to go bob sleighing

Hi,

I just had a look and saw the prices. I think one should ask for a quotation and hope for the best. One can always negotiate... :ilikeit: especially when it is long term...

Bye, Pippa! X

Hi Pippa en Nilo.

Thxs vir die info ek sal bietjie gaan kyk hoe dit lyk. Ek het al die vraag geplaas maar geen respons gekry nie, dalk weet iemand wat in die omgewing bly en kan dit dalk hier post.

Sheldon Caravan Park - hulle verhuur ook cabins in verskillende groottes en mens kry ook beter tariewe as mens langer as 2 weke bly.

Brisbane Holiday Village. Het ook cabins vir langer bly.

Dit lyk my die plekke is nie te ver uitmekaar uit nie, maar dit is nie in die stad nie.

Het enige iemand al die plekke besoek of gesien hoe dit daar lyk.

Cheers vir eers

Sheila2Oz

• 4 months later...

We arrived in January 08 and had to be close to Brisbane city, we found accommodation at:

Chasely Apartments in Auchenflower/Milton area

We paid $785 per week for 4 weeks before we found our settled accommodation, it was great, on the river, on the bus route, walking distance to shops, ferries, train station.. although pricey - you just have to pay this as it is like hotel living till your things get her, they also have 2 bedrooms

I can get a tel number or email address if needed

• 2 weeks later...
We arrived in January 08 and had to be close to Brisbane city, we found accommodation at:

Chasely Apartments in Auchenflower/Milton area

We paid $785 per week for 4 weeks before we found our settled accommodation, it was great, on the river, on the bus route, walking distance to shops, ferries, train station.. although pricey - you just have to pay this as it is like hotel living till your things get her, they also have 2 bedrooms

I can get a tel number or email address if needed

Hi Dee,

Please see if you can put on the forum the telephone or web address.

We are also needing to find temp furnished accommodation for about 2/3 weeks in Brisbane, so if anybody knows of any good caravan parks or something close to the beaches please add onto the forum as well.

Thanks

Kathy

Kathy,

Tried to phone you the other day but no answer!!

I know of two families that stayed at Frisco Appartments, it's not close to the beaches it's in the City.

If you wanted to stay close to the sea with a beach you'll have to go to Surfers Paradise but that's on the Gold Coast. The nearest proper beach.

Hope it helps a little

N

Hi Everyone

Just outside of Dayboro which is 40km from Brissie on Mount Mee is a place called Brockhurst Cabins. They have a 4,2 and 1 bedroom chalet and has stunning views on clear days. It is close to the CBD and other places, but still feels a bit country. I think they have a website, just google them and see. Its a really nice place, looked around it a couple of times.

Steph