Anyone from EAST LONDON

Julzmommy

Hi its great to know there is another east londerner going would love to hear about your experiences and how exactly you are getting over. as much info as possible would be great

• 1 month later...

Hi Keith and Alrae

You must have landed by now and be trying to find your feet. Would love to hear some of your experiences and find out how it's going.

Julzmommy

Have already made contact on "Anyone from PE ?" thread, but look forward to further chatting.

Rose

Edited by Rose and Terry

My husband is from East London. We have been in Brisbane for 7 months and loving it! PM me if you have any questions or want to meet up.

would love to meet anyone in east london.

Hi

We from East London, stayed in Gonubie. We have been in Oz for a month now. We live in Cairns and we loving every minute of the adventure.

If you need info please contact us on dion_hahn@yahoo.com

Shelly

Hi its great to know there is another east londerner going would love to hear about your experiences and how exactly you are getting over. as much info as possible would be great

Hi

We have landed on 7th Jan after our flight from JHB was delayed by a day. Was quite an experience travelling with two boys and prolonged by 24hrs.

Has been an incredibly busy time, so many things to organise. My hubby started work about four days after arriving, we did not really know anyone here in Brisbane, so quickly learned what, where and how. Boys & I relied on public transport for about two weeks, it was quite an adventure at first, catching the city cat, used the internet to plan our journey for us - would tell us which bus to catch, etc and so we got around. It soon became quite frustrating as we needed to find a house to rent etc which was not possible using buses etc.

In a nutshell then, I can say we are pretty organised now - have bought a car for me (hubby gets a company car), our application to rent a house in Forest Lake has been approved, boys started grade 3 and 6 at Forest Lake College and are quite happy and I am quite relaxed this week - no rushing around looking at houses, buying school books, know where to find supermarkets (Coles and Woolworths) etc.

Think it is time for me to start looking for a job, as I believe it does make the transition easier - just meeting & interacting with people.

Had tea with the SA ladies yesterday - was great! Just cannot believe how many South Africans are here.

It will be great to meet someone from East London - I really miss being 5 minutes from the beach and have had to adjust to a big city, not just a new country. We are still in temp, furnished accom in the city centre, so am travelling about 20km to take the kids to school. Luckily it is just one more week and then we can move into our rented house. Have opted for a small community life style: School, sport clubs, church all in same suburb and hubby must travel about 15km to work.

Have many bits and pieces I can comment on. Will chat again. When are you expecting to leave EL.

Are you bringing a container? Do not believe the 6-8 weeks delivery time, more like 3 months to get here!

Sorry about the long silence - just getting organised and now am finally connected with our new e-mail address etc.

Regards Alrae

My husband is from East London. We have been in Brisbane for 7 months and loving it! PM me if you have any questions or want to meet up.

Hi

Just wanted to make contact. We have arrived in Brisbane in Jan and would love to chat some more.

cheers Alrae

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Are you the same person who worked at Hudson Park High.

Nikki and I are moving to Australia on a 176 Visa. All is going well.

We hope to move to Brisbane. We have lots of family in Australia.

Regards

Sean Udal

http://www.udals.info

Hi

Am from East London. Leaving for Brisbane on 5 Jan 2008.

Would love to hear from you.

Cheers Keith & Alrae

Hi Alrae

I think we met at the Receiver of Revenue in East London in December ?

Both originally from Queenstown ?

Shelly

Hi,

Are you the same person who worked at Hudson Park High.

Nikki and I are moving to Australia on a 176 Visa. All is going well.

We hope to move to Brisbane. We have lots of family in Australia.

Regards

Sean Udal

http://www.udals.info

Hi Sean and Nikki

Yes, it is me, Alrae, from Hudson Park High. It would be great to hear when you are planning to arrive in Brisbane.

Do keep in touch.

Regards

So glad that there is eventually some action on the East London side :ilikeit: , I thought I would have to set up a coffee club in PE. It is fantastic to hear there are some East Londoners going and in the process.

I have been to Oz 4 times for stays between 3 weeks and 3 months and love it, and I have two little ones who I feel will really benefit from being there. This forum has made things so much easier. I haven't started the process officially yet, have sent my cv to an agent and they are getting back to me but I think I will probably go on a PR 175.

Other East Londoners on the site where are you all going to? I plan to go to Sydney but I have decided I am not going to stress myself with time limits, I am going to let the process run and what happens will happen when it is meant to.

I would love to get together for a coffee club sometime and hear from the other East Londoners.

Cheers for now

HI I am from East London, we have just started the process of immigrating to Oz taking forever to get info out of universities for my hubby, still waiting for that before we can send our assesment off.

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

Hubby and I are both from EL but have been in JHB for ten years. We have two little boys and go "home" to EL every year to visit grandparents in Nahoon. Still home! We are doing the 175 process and will be off to Melbourne in 2010. I have a brother in EL who wants to leave as well. Guys from EL - which agent did you use? He is looking for one that is closer then JHB? Any advice?

Al

Hi all,

Hubby and I are both from EL but have been in JHB for ten years. We have two little boys and go "home" to EL every year to visit grandparents in Nahoon. Still home! We are doing the 175 process and will be off to Melbourne in 2010. I have a brother in EL who wants to leave as well. Guys from EL - which agent did you use? He is looking for one that is closer then JHB? Any advice?

Al

Hi there

We were from Gonubie, East London.

Have been in Cairns for 6 months now.

We used an agent in Toowoomba Qld. - Lyrene Wiid

She was great.

We still keep in contact with her now if we have any queries.

They always reply immediately, and are very helpful.

Contact me if I can be of any help.

• 4 years later...

Hi there,

Also from EL and matriculated in 1994 but from Stirling.

Currently in Melbourne. Drop me a pm if you want to chat.

• 8 months later...

Hi I matriculated Fromm Hudson in 1990

• 1 year later...

Any East London'ers out there on this roller coaster of immigration 2015 :-) would love to connect!

We are also from East London, been here 4 years already..... Time flies :) We lived in Gonubie. Seems like the last person will have to switch the lights off, or is Eskom doing it for you?

Edited by Mitchel
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@ ShaunChantel & Gregwepp---- how about meeting for a coffee ---- this is one hectic journey ---- would be great to chat to someone else thats also on it :-)

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

We are from Gonubie, East London and are currently in the process of immigrating to Melbourne. :)