Chartered Accountants

MannyT

HI

Our client will consider applications from Chartered Accountants who are considering a move to Adelaide.

Interested?

Register online at www.over40recruitment.com.au,click on "Jobseekers", click on "Jobseeker Registration",

attach a copy of your CV/Resume and in your covering letter let us know the current status of your visa application,when you anticipate getting to Adelaide etc.

Our contact detais are available on our website, just click on "Contact Us"

regards

Manny Tavares

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have been monitoring my initial post (7/12/2007) with much interest.

In the absence of any response to my initial post (The same post appears under the Employment section) I can only assume that:

- Qualified Chartered Accountants (CA(SA))looking to relocate to OZ are not frequent users of this forum, or

- Qualified Chartered Accountants are not interested in relocating to Adelaide, or

- Qualified Chartered Accountants considering relocation to OZ are not interested in joining an accounting firm (may prefer positions in commerce), or

- The qualified Chartered Accountants that have seen my post may believe that they have to be over 40 to qualify, or

- Qualified Chartered Accountants apply directly for cant positions advertised in OZ, or

- Qualified Chartered Accountants send their resumes directly to prospective employers (of their choice) in OZ.or

- CA(SA)'s still in the RSA all have highly paid jobs and they are not interested in relocating to OZ, or a combination of some or all the above.

If anyone can think of any other reasons please let me know :ilikeit:

Enjoy!

Manny

Edited by MannyT

Hi Manny

I can only speak for myself

I did initially apply for positions in Aus, hoping for a 475, & got a single reponse from an agent to a generic type advert

The agent told me that for the positions for which I would qualify, employers were only considering canditates with PR & that I would be shooting myself in the foot, in the long run, by accepting a substantially lower level position

In addition, I am looking for specificially Melbourne & although I may consider Adelaide as a entry into Aus, I would prefer to settle in Melbourne & will therefore give the 175 a chance first

I am also 3 months into my 175 application and indications are that it shouldn't be too much longer

I don't remember seeing the post under "employment" though - I usually look in "offerring" - is this where you put it?

cheers

Jan

Edited by JanCpt

Hi Manny

I have quite a few friends who are CAs - eagerly wanting to emigrate to Oz - and will pass the info on to them, thank you!

From one of my friends' personal experience, I can say that Adelaide doesn't seem to move as fast or recruit CAs as actively as Melbourne and Sydney do. One friend last year was actively seeking work in Oz as accountant, and he subsequently received two 457 visa sponsorship offers - one in Adelaide and one in Melbourne.

The Melbourne party moved mountains to get him there; the Adelaide party took their time. The eventual job offer (in financial terms) in Melbourne was also much better than that in Adelaide, so he went with Melbourne.

I think many people want to live and work in Adelaide - it's just that employers there seem to be moving a bit more slowly (especially when it comes to 457 sponsored employment) and the salaries (generally speaking) are lower than those offered in Melbourne and Sydney.

If I hear of any more CAs on their way to Oz, I'll send them straight to you! :)

Hi Jan, Hi Liza

Sydney and Melbourne are the two major financial/commercial centres in OZ, so there are obviously far more job opportunities in those cities for Chartered Accountants. The salaries paid in those cities will in most instances also be higher than in Adelaide. Adelaide is after all only the fifth largest city in OZ.

PR visa is still the best visa option to arrive in OZ on, as you qualify for quite a number of benefits immediately.

Melbourne is a great city to work in should provide you with numerous well paid job opportunities when you arrive.

Adelaide is a smaller city, that offers a great lifestyle but it is more difficult to find employers willing to sponsor overseas applicants.

Enjoy Melbourne.

Manny

Edited by MannyT

Hi Jan, Hi Liza

Sydney and Melbourne are the two major financial/commercial centres in OZ, so there are obviously far more job opportunities in those cities for Chartered Accountants. The salaries paid in those cities will in most instances also be higher than in Adelaide. Adelaide is after all only the fifth largest city in OZ.

PR visa is still the best visa option to arrive in OZ on, as you qualify for quite a number of benefits immediately.

Melbourne is a great city to work in should provide you with numerous well paid job opportunities when you arrive.

Adelaide is a smaller city, that offers a great lifestyle but it is more difficult to find employers willing to sponsor overseas applicants.

Enjoy Melbourne.

Manny

Manny hi read this link this should answer your ?

It from the article would appear that the South Australian gov is not targeting CA's for immigration

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23152...ml?from=mostpop

Professionals such as chefs, butchers, physiotherapists, dentists and dermatologists will be targeted.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Manny

I actually prefer to work in a company, rather than working for an accounting firm, especially if you have to audit (had enough of it during articles)!

We are planning on having our second baby when we arrive in Adelaide, so I will stay at home for quite a while, before I get back into the job market.

Maybe you are a bit unlucky. Most people I speak to, are not interested in auditing.

Good luck to you, anyway!

Tania

Hi Tania

You are right most people want to get out of auditing once they have completed their articles and/or qualified as Chartered Accountants..

It may however provide some recently qualified CA (SA)s with an employment opportunity when they arrive in Oz. It would also give people who have no knowledge of Australian Tax and Co law the opportunity to work while doing the relative conversion courses and learning about the loacal IR legislation (Award rates etc) and Occupation Health and Safety (OHS)regulations.

See you in Adelaide.

Enjoy!

Manny

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Manny

Just came across your post today.

I qualified as a chartered accountant at the end of 2006.

I have been working as a financial manager for the past year.

My girlfriend, she is a medical doctor, and I are planning to move to Aus, hopefully during the beginning of 2009.

I would like to get a job as a financial manager, but if not, a position in an Australian accounting and audit firm would be great, and will give me the chance to catch up on all the Australian tax and other laws.

We actually want to settle in Brisbane, but just to get our foot in the door, will settle almost anywhere where we both can find a job.

Do you know of any other firms or companies that are willing to employ a South African?

Thanks

Gerhard

Hi Manny,

Was just wondering, my son got his Bachelor of Commerce degree last year, majoring in Accounting, he wants to be a CA, he is doing his Honours this year even though you don't need it here in Australia, we still want him to do it.

He will start working when he finishes in October. Do you perhaps know what the starting salary is for a Articled Clark or whatever it is that they start off doing here in Australia?

Thanks bye for now Jill

Edited by Jill

Hi Manny

Just came across your post today.

I qualified as a chartered accountant at the end of 2006.

I have been working as a financial manager for the past year.

My girlfriend, she is a medical doctor, and I are planning to move to Aus, hopefully during the beginning of 2009.

I would like to get a job as a financial manager, but if not, a position in an Australian accounting and audit firm would be great, and will give me the chance to catch up on all the Australian tax and other laws.

We actually want to settle in Brisbane, but just to get our foot in the door, will settle almost anywhere where we both can find a job.

Do you know of any other firms or companies that are willing to employ a South African?

Hi Gerhard

You should be able to find employment relatively easily with an accounting firm in any of the major cities. Select the accounting firms that you would consider working for and visit their websites.

As for employment in commerce I would suggest that you apply for specific positions advertised on the various employment websites. Search on the following websites for starters www.seek.com.au www.careerone.com.au and say www.jobs.hudson.com and Hays as they are big in rthe recruitment of accountants.

You should have no problem finding employment with an accounting firm in Brisbane or in commerce as a CA(SA). I would however suggest that you do an Australian tax and company law conversion course (distant learning) while you are waiting to move to Oz.

If you send me your CV/resume I will gladly forward it the our accounting firm contacts, We are however only Adelaide based (at this stage) so can only assist you if you decide to move to Adelaide.

If you need any more specific info just send me a PM.

Enjoy!

Ps. With your and your wife's qualification moving to Oz should be a rather painless adventure.

Edited by MannyT

Hi Manny,

Was just wondering, my son got his Bachelor of Commerce degree last year, majoring in Accounting, he wants to be a CA, he is doing his Honours this year even though you don't need it here in Australia, we still want him to do it.

He will start working when he finishes in October. Do you perhaps know what the starting salary is for a Articled Clark or whatever it is that they start off doing here in Australia?

Thanks bye for now Jill

Hi Jill

Google "Salary Survey in Australia" and there are various sites that publish the pay rates. The pay rates differ from state to state but your son can expect to earn anywhere from A$32 000 t0 A$38 000. I do know however that the rates for Queensland are a bit lower than for the other states (except Tasmania).

In Australia CA's or CPA"s do not do articles, they have mentorship programes.

I noticed that you live in Emerald - I hope that you no longer have any need for your water wings :ilikeit::):ilikeit:

Enjoy!

Manny

• 3 weeks later...
HI

Our client will consider applications from Chartered Accountants who are considering a move to Adelaide.

Interested?

Register online at www.over40recruitment.com.au,click on "Jobseekers", click on "Jobseeker Registration",

attach a copy of your CV/Resume and in your covering letter let us know the current status of your visa application,when you anticipate getting to Adelaide etc.

Our contact detais are available on our website, just click on "Contact Us"

regards

Manny Tavares

Hi Manny

Are they only considering CA's or SAIPA members as well , if not do you know where i can look for oppertunities, i've got a practise for the last nine years , but is considdering moving to oz

Regards

Francois

Hi Manny,

Thanks for your help, just came across this post again today, couldn't find it for a while.

We will check that site out.

The water wings have been packed away. :ilikeit:

bye for now, Jill

Edited by Jill

Hi Manny

Are they only considering CA's or SAIPA members as well , if not do you know where i can look for oppertunities, i've got a practise for the last nine years , but is considdering moving to oz

Regards

Francois

Hi Manny

How about a job around Melbourne way ....... Please!!

3 Kids, hungry wife, bills to pay .... & I want to buy a TV, car, stereo, satellite, ...

Cheers

jan

Hi Manny

How about a job around Melbourne way ....... Please!!

3 Kids, hungry wife, bills to pay .... & I want to buy a TV, car, stereo, satellite, ... BM or Merc, Plasma or LCD :whome:

Cheers Remember that "Cheers" in Australia means "thank you"

jan

Hi Jan

Bring your cardboard sign with you when you move to Melbourne................may come in useful :ilikeit:

Sorry cannot help as we are only Adelaide based, at this point in time :thumbdown:

Enjoy!

Manny

Edited by MannyT

Bring your cardboard sign with you when you move to Melbourne................may come in useful :blush:

hey Manny

I was wondering if you would still remember the cardboard signs ...

Kidding about the car etc .... all I want is enough to buy a dop

Cheers (or the equivalent)

Jan

• 2 months later...

Hi Manny

I'm an experienced CA (SA) currently working as FM in Cape Town, starting the Visa Application (175) process pretty much now.

Have +- 7/8 years post Articles experience. How do you rate my chances of employment in Adelaide, and possibly what salary bracket?

Just need to make 100% sure of my feasibility before we get too far down the road.

Many thanks

Naudis

Hi Manny

I'm an experienced CA (SA) currently working as FM in Cape Town, starting the Visa Application (175) process pretty much now.

Have +- 7/8 years post Articles experience. How do you rate my chances of employment in Adelaide, and possibly what salary bracket?

Just need to make 100% sure of my feasibility before we get too far down the road.

Many thanks

Naudis

Hi Brad

As a CA(SA) you should be able to find employment relatively easily in any of the Australian Capital Cities. There will obviously be more opportunities in the bigger cities, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Canberra.

Accounting firms are always looking for CA's and CPA's and most of them will consider South African qualified accountants. A limiting factor for Accountants/Chartered Accountants that have qualified overseas is the fact that they have no knowledge of Australian Taxation Regulations, Company law, GST(VAt), OHS & W, Superannuation and the wage ward rate/system.This is often the case when employers are looking to fill senior management positions.

I would always recommend that CA(SA)s do a (conversion) course in Taxation and Co Law through one of the Australian Universities while they are waiting for their visa application to be processed.

Google "Salary Surveys Australia" and you will have a choice of a number of sites that will give you some indication of the median salaries on offer. The "Hays Recruitment" site and the salary survey titled "Salary Survey & Guide 2008" is a good one to look at under "Accounting & Finance".

Enjoy!

Manny