Relatively new in Perth

Joh

We (hubby, son & I) arrived in Perth on a 457 visa almost three months ago. The whole process of thinking to go to Oz until we arrived took only 5 months and we hardly did any research. As soon as I encountered my first “I want to go home” day, a friend sent me a link to this forum and I have been reading almost everything on the forum ever since. What a pity that we didn’t know about it before we arrived! Life would have been so much easier.

Thanks for a great forum. Reading about all the experiences already pulled me through a difficult first phase.

Hi there

I'm sure everyone else has said it, but congratulations on taking the big step, the first year is alway tough (or so people tell me) My wife and I have been here a little over 18 mnths and are now expecting our first child :-) I can only say it was the best move we ever made. Yes there are some problems that come up from time to time, but with a little faith and some support from people like those on this forum I'm sure you'll be just fine.

A friend of mine went to Canada about 6 yrs ago and initially was very dispondent, but he told me, when ever he felt like he might give up and go back, he just thought about his baby daughter and wife and the quality of life they were building. Guess what the feelings fell away and determination to succeed set in.

I know everyone will agree when I say if you ever have issues and need to chat, feel free to pop in here

good luck,

Joseph

P.s I believe Perth is a great place to raise children

Jul het dit seker al baie gehoor .So hier kom dit:welkom in Perth en hoop jul gaan gou aanpas en baie gelukkig wees.Ja dit is moeilik die eerste ruk tot als insink en realiteit n mens vang maar jul sal ook deur dit kom soos almal wat juis hier is :ilikeit:

Vat dit dag vir dag :D en jul sal sien dit raak net makliker.

Sterkte en geniet jul 1ste Kersfees in Perth :santa::santa:

Groete van uit Perth self .

Edited by Allie&Urs

Welcome Joh! We also did very little research - just some basic cost of living stuff, but threw ourselves into it pretty much in the dark, but have not yet regretted it!

Hi Joh we arrived a month ago and we moved into our house on Saturday. I must say that we are thanking the dear Lord everyday for this move. I feel so gratefull that we can a be in Oz and be in Perth. I lrealy like this place and so does my wife. Our children had more than three weeks of Kindy and grade 3 behind them - school closed yesterday. They have adapted so well and have made friends already.

My wife is enjoying her work and has been thrown in the deep end when her boss had his last day on her arrival.

I trust you will hang in there. All the best with yes all the things that may bring doubt.

Blessings

Gerhard

We (hubby, son & I) arrived in Perth on a 457 visa almost three months ago. The whole process of thinking to go to Oz until we arrived took only 5 months and we hardly did any research. As soon as I encountered my first “I want to go home” day, a friend sent me a link to this forum and I have been reading almost everything on the forum ever since. What a pity that we didn’t know about it before we arrived! Life would have been so much easier.

Thanks for a great forum. Reading about all the experiences already pulled me through a difficult first phase.

You know what "yes it would have been nice to know what you know now after reading this forum - but in a way you are better of - because I have been reading this forum for more than a year now and if I must be honest it does not make our choices easier a lot more informed but not easier!! I wish I could decide to go or not go - but we stay somewhere in between!!! So in a way you have been blessed!!! Well that is the other side of the coin!! Maybe it will make you feel better a tween weeny bit!!! :thumbdown:

Good luck and enjoy!! Melanie

Thanks for the welcome. We will certainly make the best of every opportunity. It was definitely worth jumping without thinking too much! We already gained so much by only making a few sacrifices. It is so nice not to be worried about my son’s future or to be paranoid about our safety. Next step: obtain PR.