St Mark's Anglican School

Mary

Very good school, runs from Kiddy to Year 12. Long waiting lists to get into the school.

My kids dont personally go there, I have a few friends with their kids their.

All very happy with the discipline and quality of the teachers.

Hi Mary

Our eldest son will be going to St Marks from next year.

Two of our friends have their children at the High School and

have been very happy.

We did a tour of the school in July while on LSD and it looked

good.

We were fortunate to get in as we were applying for year 10 where there

was a smaller waiting list compared to the other years.

• 3 weeks later...

I have heard very good things about them, but unfortunatley they could not take my child for Grade 1 in Feb 2009....and wanted to waitlist her for secondary school in 2015 !!!!

I got a similar response from other private schools in the area, so if you are in - count your blessings !

Nix

Nix

All the semi private schools are like that for Primary School. They will only put you on a waiting list.

In the Northern Suburbs the Semi Private Schools:-

St Marks

St Stephens - Duncraig and St Stephens - Carramar - You probably stand a better chance with the Carramar Campus

Lake Joondalup Baptist College

Quinns Rock Baptisit College- You probably would get your child into Quinns Baptist

Kingsway Christian College

Peter Moyes in Mindarie

Then all the Catholic Junior Schools and The Catholic High Schools(Colleges)

Regards

Enrica

But that's ridiculous !

No ones immigration plans are 4 years in advance.......and even planning two years in advance means that the semi-private school are closed to you.

How does anyone that is immigrating ever get their child into school? Does EVERYONE wait until secondary school to get their child a place?

Surely this is not normal?

What are the options....

I would love to hear from other families that have immigrated.

Nix,as stated on another thread. When you get here put your name down at the school you want. Often you will get a place, as people do move interstate. This should not be so strange, as the same thing applies in SA. I remember putting my kids names down at private schools 7 days after they were born. The waitlist in SA are the same as here.By the same token, please rest assured that the Government schools are of an excellent calibre in Perth, the curriculum is the same as the the private schools and the classes are smaller.

You should not be stressing so much about the schools, you have other things to be stressing about at this stage. Beleive things will come right. :ilikeit:

I guess as I left SA before we had a child (we have been living in the Caribbean for 7 years now), I am not aware of the waiting list for private shools. I just know here that if you have the funds and the interest, you usually have a place.....and I wasn't really expecting closed doors.

But I think (as stated in the other thread), that I need to relax a little on this one. I find it quite hard as I think it is ingrained in me that the word "government" and "schooling" do not go together in the same setence....obviously things are different in Perth, and that I suppose if why we are moving in the first place !

I will do all that I can to "let the cards fall where they should" in this one.

Thanks again for the revert...