Schools?????

Nicci

Hi Customeyes and Noele

Well done on clarifying for forumites still in the RSA some of the ridiculous claims and statements incorporated in the quote about the education system in Oz.

The author of the quote is either deliberately out to cause mischief or he/she is very ignorant/misinformed about the education system in Australia.

The statement that "high schools only go to year 10........" is one of the most ridiculous statements that I have read on this forum, about education. Ignorance is obviously not bliss.

I support wholeheartedly that school children are treated in an "adult" like manner in Oz.

Enjoy!

Manny

Edited by MannyT

I have a question regarding the uniforms: Is there a generic like RSA where it's grey skirts/ longs white socks/grey socks & white shirts? Need to know if I should bring the basics as my daughter already has them, or if it's just a waste of packing space.

Hi Nicci,

We have just enrolled our kids in Kingsway Christian School in Darch there are 146 South Africans learners and lost of teachers in KCC. Look on the website www.kingway.wa.edu.au

Enjoy your research.

Gerhard

Hi Gerhard, i see you have your kids in Kingsway Christian School, that is the school that i am most interested in. Both my girls age 8 & 10 were at Kings School in Bryanston, JHB and this seems like the same kind of school (from their website). Are you happy with the school? and where do you live in relation to the school. What are good areas around the school that would be suitable commuting distance ie no more that 20 mins drive?

Thanks

Colette

No there isn't a generic.

The uniforms at the public schools are quite basic. They sell second hand items at the uniform shop at the school.

(shops like Target, K-Mart, Best & Less sell some school gear which is cheaper than the uniform shops at school but stuff with the school logo you will have to buy at the school)

Uniform at our school

boys: blue cargo shorts and a red golf shirt with the school logo printed on it, hat and any kind of sneakers/trainers.

girls: tartan skirt and red golf shirt with school logo, hat and sneakers/trainers.

In winter they can wear the school tracksuit.

School hat must be worn by everyone whilst outside. "No Hat No Play" policy.

I have a question regarding the uniforms: Is there a generic like RSA where it's grey skirts/ longs white socks/grey socks & white shirts? Need to know if I should bring the basics as my daughter already has them, or if it's just a waste of packing space.
Edited by Lara

Hi Aramat

My daughter is at a state primary school and the uniform is very simple, shorts or tracksuit pants and a golf shirt or a dress, and they don't wear school shoes only trainers/takkies. My son on the other hand is at a state high school where there are very strict rules about what can be worn with what, right down to what colour socks can be worn with shorts and what colour with longs. The one thing we did do was buy him a new pair of school shoes before we arrived as the ones suggested by the school seemed much more expensive. They had rules on how high the sole and heel could be so we just bought him good old Bata Toughees. I would suggest that you contact the school(s) that you are interested in and ask them for a uniform list, that will give you a fair idea.

Regards

Amy

Thanks for the reply's everyone, seems like we will be donating the entire uniforms to her freinds as she's only worn it for 4 mnths, good thing I anticipated the move may happen sooner & only bought 2 ov each & 1 of sports uniform

We live in Kempton Park (Bonaero Park - behind the sirport) one of the schools we were planning on sending our daugters (Next year in Grade 1) would've been Laerskool Impala Primary.

What would be the city/town/place that would be almost exactly like Kempton Park (Bonaero ParK) and if possible to say Impala Primary? We're Afrikaans, but her English is extremely good for a 6 year old.

I just don't want to live in a place equal to Sandton or Jeppestown (No offence), but we're average people - hubby is a primary school teacher here in RSA. We're not rich, but we're not poor we're just ' comfortable'...

Who can suggest something please? :ilikeit:

I cant really say that there is an area like Kempton Park or Impala Park, nor an area like Sandton for that matter.

The difference between the people in Australia and the South Africanas is that they are not Snobs!!!!

Australians don't try and keep up with the "Jones" so you can be as average as you want in Perth.

The areas well again that depends on how much you want to pay at the end of the day and how average you want to be.