schooling in Brisbane

bro2aus

Hi all

I need to enroll my three kids into primary and high(state)schools in January 2008,i am not sure where we will live yet but i would prefer them being at a school closer to home, i will be working in West End area,what do you guys reccomend as i am nervous to leave the enrollement for too late but dont know which geographical area to enroll them into ,if i arrive at schools on the first day to enroll the kids will the school have a problem with this ?Does anyone know what documents they will require from me to enroll the kids ?Will the school be able to give me costs of fees or does the education department deal with this for 457 visa holders as i mailed a school last week who told me they cannot quote costs of fees and that i should contact the queensland education department about this ?I will really appreciate your help regarding the above

regards

Colette

Guest fishermanswife

Hello Collette,

As far as I know if you are "zoned" for a particular area (ie live in the area) the school has to accept your children and will automatically enrol them. Schools open on the 29th Jan and you would need a copy of their full birth certificate,and a copy of their passport and Visa. There are lots of schools here and in our surrounding suburbs I had a choice of about 5. I have heard (I stand to be corrected) that fees are around $70 per annum per child.

Regards

FMW

Hello Collette,

As far as I know if you are "zoned" for a particular area (ie live in the area) the school has to accept your children and will automatically enrol them. Schools open on the 29th Jan and you would need a copy of their full birth certificate,and a copy of their passport and Visa. There are lots of schools here and in our surrounding suburbs I had a choice of about 5. I have heard (I stand to be corrected) that fees are around $70 per annum per child.

Regards

FMW

Thanks a milliom, much appreciated