Week 5 in Brisbane!

Lenbal

Hi all, I have just made week 5 in Brisbane Qld (West End). My wife and baby girl will follow soon (10 Dec), and I can not wait to see them. I was very fortunate to have secured a job, a month's accommodation and company car before arriving in Oz.

The perks have passed now and I am still battling to get furnished accommodation for a two month period (till end Jan 2008). Most letting agencies require me to sign a 6 month contract, and I would obviously like to move into my own place as soon as my container arrives (planned for end Jan 2008) to avoid being charged for storage.

If anyone can help, or could at least link me to websites/forums that might be able to help me with short term accommodation, please give me a call or reply to this topic.

I have also placed an add in the classifieds section on this website, so I hope I'll get some responses soon.

Anything will do, as long as it is safe and furnished and in the Brisbane area.

***I would also like to join church groups in the Brisbane area, especially consisting of South African's, so any info on this would also be appreciated***

Best regards,

Leonard.

0434 362 599

I can not help your with regards to furnished accommodation but I can try and help with a church.

We attend a Reformed Church in Wishart. The church is on the corner of Hamstreet and Wishart street.

We live in North Lakes and we travel about 36km to church, but we don't mind. There are a lot of SA's and every 1st sunday of the month there is an Afrikaans service.

Hope that helped.

Regards.

Carelene

Hi all, I have just made week 5 in Brisbane Qld (West End). My wife and baby girl will follow soon (10 Dec), and I can not wait to see them. I was very fortunate to have secured a job, a month's accommodation and company car before arriving in Oz.

The perks have passed now and I am still battling to get furnished accommodation for a two month period (till end Jan 2008). Most letting agencies require me to sign a 6 month contract, and I would obviously like to move into my own place as soon as my container arrives (planned for end Jan 2008) to avoid being charged for storage.

If anyone can help, or could at least link me to websites/forums that might be able to help me with short term accommodation, please give me a call or reply to this topic.

I have also placed an add in the classifieds section on this website, so I hope I'll get some responses soon.

***I would also like to join church groups in the Brisbane area, especially consisting of South African's, so any info on this would also be appreciated***

Best regards,

Leonard.

0434 362 599

Hi ek het net gewonder of jy nie dalk al fotos geneem het ni en sal graag van die fotos wil sien. Sal jy vir ons dit kan stuur, en hoe voel dit om daar te wees is die mense vriendelik en hulpvaardig en die weer, ons is oppad Brisbane toe en sal graag meer wil uitvind

Dankie

Johan & Denice

Best regards,

Leonard.

0434 362 599

Hi try http://www.springhillgardens.net/ I know Sue personally fantastic lady